Lt. Commander
Since low level pvp hardly exist anymore its not viable for leveling up and it slows down the leveling up for federation players , how about adding some other incentive to get federation players back to pvp so klingons actually cant start leveling up again instead of grinding our slowed down pve content that was adjusted back when pvp popped every time you pressed you wanted to pvp. Or you could make klingon PVE match the time it takes for a fed to level up by pve....
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-13-2010, 01:35 PM
It has been getting scarce.

I think I may level to slowly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
It has been getting scarce.

I think I may level to slowly.
This is prolly why we are lacking numbers kling side aswell its way to slow now as everything was balanced out when game was new , they nerfed pvp exp cause we got pvp to fast and toned down our pve as well.... now on the other hand its changed no pvp mostly other then high level pvp cause of the incentive the pvp marks for purple gear ...
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2010, 12:47 AM
As IMO the entire PvP mechanic is broken Cryptic would have to do some serious updates here.
A PvP court for learned players and one for casual pvpler would be good.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-14-2010, 02:22 AM
the weekly missions that lauch in august will scale to your level so klingons can use that to help through the lower levels

i know that does nothing to help pvp but it will still help the levelling process

personally i think some new maps would help immeasurable. i love doing the capture and hold maps, but some new backgrounds or goals would attract people.

also how about the chance for pvp rewards (loot drops) from winning matches to ada greater incentive to play, along with scoreboards to track the best pvpers and our own stats. accolades could also be linked to pvp damage, wins and kills, points captured

go one step further and add some costume pieces and titles for unlocking these rewards. at the moment there is no reason to do pvp other than people enjoy it but often enjoyment is linked to rewards. its time to start rewarding pvpers
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-14-2010, 03:07 AM
I did a redesign for the queue interface (and suggest map cycling and broader terms for pugs - while more options for power-users/premades):
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=163507

Last I heard, Stormshade forwarded it to the dev team. No word on if it's an improvement.

Klingon leveling is terribly slow.

I generally wait 20+ minutes to get a PvP match to pop at Lt.Cmdr.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-14-2010, 03:09 AM
Wow, thats fast. 20 Minutes is nothing compared to the 2 hours I waited the last time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-14-2010, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Wow, thats fast. 20 Minutes is nothing compared to the 2 hours I waited the last time.
As Lt.Cmdr?

I've waited an hour or so at most. However, during peak, it's still 20 minutes for a match to pop and that's queuing back-to-back.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-14-2010, 03:30 AM
point is the pve and exp got adjusted klingon side to compensate for us leveling way faster then the fed side .. now that its the other way around it should be adjusted back so atleast new players to the klingon side actually would stay and play klingon.

We now got 2 sides in the game 1 pve side that ignore pvp unless they get something from it and 1 side that pvp cause they want the challenge of human opponents ... but that is dependant on that the ones that dont wanna pvp wihout getting anything for it to get equal level up speed...

It cant work like that eaven a 10 year old will understand that... its a design flop a planning mistake fix it..
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-14-2010, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
point is the pve and exp got adjusted klingon side to compensate for us leveling way faster then the fed side .. now that its the other way around it should be adjusted back so atleast new players to the klingon side actually would stay and play klingon.

We now got 2 sides in the game 1 pve side that ignore pvp unless they get something from it and 1 side that pvp cause they want the challenge of human opponents ... but that is dependant on that the ones that dont wanna pvp wihout getting anything for it to get equal level up speed...

It cant work like that eaven a 10 year old will understand that... its a design flop a planning mistake fix it..
There are a number of other factors into why PvP is so incredibly unpopular:
  • Faction Population Differences (FvF takes less time to start usually, due to fewer KDF - who leave as the queues get worse each day)
  • Buried in the Interface (I can't tell you how many people actually believe you have to fly to Eti Eridani to start a PvP map - partly because the queue is buried)
  • Poorly implemented and designed interface (doesn't scale well to new factions, maps, or game modes)
  • Long-standing imbalance issues drove many away (anyone remember the days when Feedback Pulse & VM were king?)
  • Lack of Variety (C&H and Cracked are virtually 90% of the PvP experience).

A group of us on the forums tried thinking of ways to improve PvP experience (focusing on building a better interface).

Here are some pics:
http://yfrog.com/f/j8pvpqueuepublicj/
http://yfrog.com/2tpvpqueueprivatej
http://yfrog.com/6fpvpqueuetournamentj