Lt. Commander
# 1 New ships=Greed
07-13-2010, 03:38 PM
I must say this is a low bow to the players, you ask what ships you want to see in game and conveniently leave out the fact that they are gonna be a c-store item. I know D-stall said that they are trying to use merit as a hybrid model but I'm gonna say this, make them free. Bridges and other fluff like this I understand but this is a low blow even for the marketing/budget department. Here's a thought try not to be so greedy and sneaky next time you try a stunt like this and be honest.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-13-2010, 03:47 PM
I don't have a problem with the C-Store, or the Galaxy-x for sale there. it is canon more or less, but not a mainstream ship in the federation.

But I agree 100% that having iconic ships for sale is really pretty low. These are popular ships that should be available to everyone. A fair compromise i think would be to release the ships available in game, then make custom skins for sale.

I am not opposed to the C-Store, but they are really starting to push the line of what they can get away with.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-13-2010, 03:58 PM
I agree. I tend to defend companies against people saying how greedy they are, and that they should understand that it takes time, or theres a reason behind why something costs what it does.

I find I can't do this with cryptic. I don't know where the money goes, but something doesn't seem right. they say the C-store is popular and people are buying points. They say that the game has achieved the desired player population. But for some reason they still need more sources of revenue?

Maybe what we should all do is quit the game and watch STO sink so that in a decade or so another company can take up the project. I'm sure we're not all here to feed the insatiable appetite of the corporate beast just so we can play a game. Might I add that for many the entire game can be experienced withing a month.

I would feel a lot better if they said the STO team is growing. That S3 will have EVEN MOAR then S2. But i don't really see it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_Drake
I don't have a problem with the C-Store, or the Galaxy-x for sale there. it is canon more or less, but not a mainstream ship in the federation.

But I agree 100% that having iconic ships for sale is really pretty low. These are popular ships that should be available to everyone. A fair compromise i think would be to release the ships available in game, then make custom skins for sale.

I am not opposed to the C-Store, but they are really starting to push the line of what they can get away with.
I agree those ships should of been in the game in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-13-2010, 04:00 PM
I have no problem with the cstore if it provides for the advancement of the game. More development funds + good.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-13-2010, 04:01 PM
The single most canon ship of all is in the C-Store. The Enterprise from the original series.

There's no turning back now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syphengamer
I have no problem with the cstore if it provides for the advancement of the game. More development funds + good.
same here, but putting ICONIC SHIPs, not cryptic kit bashes, but ships people expected to be at launch in the c-store is walking the fine line of taking advantage of trek fans who love those ships.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Oddly, I don't mind having some iconic ships in the C-store. I thought I would, but as time passes, I find I object less and less to microtransactions. They gave us some iconic ships for free (Galaxy, Soveriegn, Constitution Refit), and are selling others (Galaxy-X, Excelsior, Nebula). Overall, that actually seems like a good strategy to me.

Fortunately, the bridges are all WAY too large. It's made my decision not to buy them quite easy.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjedi View Post
Oddly, I don't mind having some iconic ships in the C-store. I thought I would, but as time passes, I find I object less and less to microtransactions. They gave us some iconic ships for free (Galaxy, Soveriegn, Constitution Refit), and are selling others (Galaxy-X, Excelsior, Nebula). Overall, that actually seems like a good strategy to me.

Fortunately, the bridges are all WAY too large. It's made my decision not to buy them quite easy.
and their plan is now becoming complete....

we have lost, they won
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluant
and their plan is now becoming complete....

we have lost, they won
They have won nothing, as I have bought nothing.

So far, the offerings on the C-store have all been too far from canon for my tastes.
Closed Thread