Lt. Commander
# 1 Is Where's Sulu even beatable?
07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
I apologize if this is the wrong area for this thread but I've tried this mission several times, with several tactics and I just don't see how it's beatable. I'm not saying it's unbeatable because it's too hard, but it seems like every time it seems like I've beaten it, it glitches. I remember one particular attempt when we killed all the fake sulu's, defeated the commander and suddenly everything froze on us and we were kicked from the server (Not sure if this was coincidence or some kind of glitch).

We've tried keeping Sulu in the pit, we tried keeping him in a corner with shields, we've jumped down into the pit after the Commander releases his AoE attack, I swear we've tried every single tactic and I always hear people say they've beaten it but never offer any real tactic. I've been trying to do "Where's Sulu" for weeks, and even though I kept failing and failing at the mission I still went back to it with a positive attitude because honestly, I love challenges, but I'm starting to feel that this mission is beyond a challenge. Can we get some kind of fix on this mission or can I get some realistic advice on how to beat it? I'd like to give it another shot tonight.

One more thing that isn't a huge deal, but something that I'd like to see changed. Every time I go back to this mission with a different team or whatever it starts us where you have to destroy the 15 incubators and 25 power nodes. I've completed this hundreds of times, is there any way we can be spawned right at the door to the final chamber or am I the only one who's finding this to be an inconvenience?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-13-2010, 04:43 PM
I thought Where's Sulu was like the entry level noob "mission" to just turbolift up to the Admirals Office?

You'll forgive me I've got just the one character so, if its a lowbie mission I don't remember it well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-13-2010, 06:21 PM
I've been having the same problem. I've got the boss down to half health, activated the consoles, hid in the pit, his AOE goes off, no one dies, and then the map resets outside the door for some reason. If we kill the fake Sulu characters a hundred Undine drop on top of us from above and kill the real Sulu. I haven't had any luck beating this part, and I've tried Where's Sulu about 5 times now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-13-2010, 06:31 PM
1) Go in rifle bash each sulu
2) The Sulu that goes 'Arrrgh' is the real one
3) Push that Sulu into a corner and pin him there
4) Rest of the team focuses on the Bpss
5) When he drops to half health thats when you go all out. Every single power, ability, item on and pummel him
6) Once Boss is dead kill the sulus
7) Person that is guarding the real sulu be ready for when the team gets to the last fake
8) Team calls out when the fake is dead and the person instantly talks to Sulu without pause
9) Mission Complete

Done with 1 Sci Healer + 4 Tactical officers - 2 hours from start to finish
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
5) When he drops to half health thats when you go all out. Every single power, ability, item on and pummel him
7) Person that is guarding the real sulu be ready for when the team gets to the last fake
8) Team calls out when the fake is dead and the person instantly talks to Sulu without pause
9) Mission Complete

Good to know. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-13-2010, 06:39 PM
So you are saying you have to kill the boss before he uses his AOE? Whats the point of the consoles then? And what about when all the Undine drop from above?
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius1986
So you are saying you have to kill the boss before he uses his AOE? Whats the point of the consoles then? And what about when all the Undine drop from above?
You can choose to wait till the boss drops his AOE attack, however this mission is bugged, and many things can go wrong. It's easier to just work him down to half health, then have everybody pummel him with your best, using LG Power Cells. He can be killed before he does his attack.

If you let him use the attack, too much can go wrong, IE Sulu dying even though he was in the pit, or the map resetting, or so on and so on
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Yeah map resetting keeps happening to me. The power cells boost weapon damage? I thought they were just for getting rid of debuffs on your weapon. I'll have to try that next time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
9) Mission Complete

Already tried that and Sulu eventually beams out from the corner if you keep him pinned.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-13-2010, 07:25 PM
There is a bug for you in there, I have done this and can confirm it has worked multiple times.