Lt. Commander
# 1 Forced Five Man Teaming
07-13-2010, 08:29 PM
I can't play any of the missions because we are forced to do Five Man Teams. The end result is I don't get to play. At all.

Right now, I am on DejaVu. And have been for about two weeks. Have not been able to keep people on the Team long enough to play the mission.

If something is not done about this I will quit this game.
I suggest Open Teaming or one or two man missions.
I am a lifetime subscriber but I have had enough. Fix it already or goodbye.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Turn off auto teaming in the social options from your minimap UI.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-13-2010, 09:35 PM
Huh? I haven't been on a team in months, and have been soloing this entire time. The only thing I haven't been doing is the STFs. Is that what you're talking about? Even the new episodes on Tribble that people are claiming are as hard as the STFs, I've completed solo. I'm not sure how anyone can claim that they're being forced to have a certain playstyle here.

If you don't want to play on 5 man teams, no one's forcing you to do the Special Task Force missions. If you don't like grouping, turn your auto teaming off. Episode missions are solo-able. Patrols are solo-able. Exploration Missions are solo-able. You don't need to be in a group for PvP (although it probably helps if you cooperate with your side). The upcoming non-combat missions are solo-able. Actually, I'm not even sure how you'd do a First Contact mission on a team.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2010, 09:06 AM
ROFL - the title of this thread sounds like you have been the victim of a very disturbing crime. Thanks for the laugh.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd_harding
ROFL - the title of this thread sounds like you have been the victim of a very disturbing crime. Thanks for the laugh.

I'm going to my happy place now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den3067
I can't play any of the missions because we are forced to do Five Man Teams. The end result is I don't get to play. At all.

Right now, I am on DejaVu. And have been for about two weeks. Have not been able to keep people on the Team long enough to play the mission.

And on a more helpful note - you are complaining about something you have not taken the time to understand (as usual on these forums) - it is up to you if you want to team. Don't like it - just turn it off. Take the time to understand the game before you launch another 'make things suit me or i'll quit' thread.
Lt. Commander
# 7 listen to this interview
07-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den3067

hi if you listen to this, there is mention of making stfs version for solo use, gussing that means you and your bridfe officers don't think it mentions when.
http://sto-radio.com/news/audio-inte...stahl-released
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd_harding
I think I have stumbled across that video
Lt. Commander
# 9 Five Man Teaming Continued
07-15-2010, 12:01 AM
DejaVu is meant to play as a Five Man Team. So no, I am not forced to play on a Five Man Team per se.
Changing the social/Team setting on the mini map is not the answer.
Some of these missions are not designed as solo missions. And they are not Open Teaming.

You can not join in an instance that is already in progress such as where I left off at DejaVu.
Sure I can change my settings but this does not help or solve the problem.

How do I complete this mission on my own? I find that I can not. If Open Teaming was in place this might help then perhaps someone can join the instance that I am in and help me out If I am lucky.

Otherwise, you have to put a Five Man Team together before you get started on Terrasphere or DejaVu.
Try it alone and get squashed. Open Teaming does not seem to be an option on these missions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-15-2010, 12:35 AM
These missions (The STFs) were designed to be for a team of 5. If you want to do them, then you have to team up. No one is forcing you to play these missions. They are end game raid style missions. I don't even agree with making them solo-able. I think they should remain 5 man dungeons.

If you need a group, sit in zone and spam for a team like everyone else does. I see plenty of people calling for and forming teams in zone all the time. You can also join a fleet and do one of those missions with them.

The entire game is solo-able. These are the only missions that require a 5 man team and they should stay that way.