Lt. Commander
Ex Astris Audentia -- From the Stars, Boldness

Howdy all! We're setting up a new, casual fleet, Ex Astris Audentia.

The basic idea behind this fleet is that it will be a very casual, loose organization of players on the Fed side that support one another with crafting abilities, missions, the occasional fleet action, rarely some PVP, and, if enough of us get to the end game, STFs.

Right now our highest ranked player is Captain 5 (that's me!) and there's no minimum rank requirement, which makes us a good choice for casual players and alts (not to mention Star Trek fans in general!). Light roleplaying elements are encouraged, too.

Generally speaking we try to get on sometime between 8pm-1am Pacific time (US), Sun-Friday (hey, we all work IRL), with occasional sessions on the weekends. Being on the same general play schedule is helpful but not required. Coordination is helpful, especially since five of us need to group to get the fleet off the ground! Including myself, I currently have 3 willing participants.

The plan is to have a rockin' Fleet uniform and eventual Fleet emblem, once Season 2 arrives!

Feel free to respond to this thread, contact me in game at @RogueEnterprise, or on Xfire at RogueEnterprise. Let's get this fleet off the ground!

My main character: Jax Diar, male Joined Trill. Rank: Captain 6, Tactical, U.S.S. Onslaught (Galaxy class)
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Hey all- just wanted to add it'd be great it if a couple of you would join up to help us make our fleet. We are a handful of casual players who love playing in our spare time- if that sounds anything like you then I encourage you to message RogueEnterprise so he can tell you more about it. =)

Happy pew pew-ing!
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Hey guys, as of right now, we can run voice chat for the forthcoming Fleet through Xfire, though we can always run it through Ventrilo if it becomes in high demand.

Of course, voice chat at all is totally optional!
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Greetings,

I am the third person mentioned in the post. We love to just play this game and have tons of fun. If you're looking to play casually, or do some roleplaying, we're the fleet for you! We do fleet actions, missions, exploration, pvp, photo ops (who doesn't love to take screenshots of their ship and personnel???) or anything else we feel like doing.

So join us, it is after all, the logical thing to do.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Sounds like fun
07-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Hey, I am in Iraq right now and just decided to get back on STO. Feeling sci fi lately as opposed to the other MMO's I usually play in the states. I am a good 7 to 10 hours ahead of the states depending on the timezone you are in, and can't promise a good connection all the time, but if I have the time and ability, I will probably be playing STO. I am interested in playing with you guys if you are interested. And yes, I am in Iraq (again) because I am a soldier in the U.S. Army. Hooah!
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-17-2010, 02:09 AM
AdamCrum: Fantastic! I will add you in-game, and I'm also available via Xfire as posted above.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-18-2010, 09:18 PM
We're almost able to get things started with a fun core group of people! Please contact me if you're interested in joining with us!
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Hey guys, I am down to join your fleet. Here is the thing though, while I consider myself casual, I tend to bounce around. Sometimes I play a lot, and other times I won't even log in for weeks at a time. Kinda makes it hard to get involved with a fleet. But I am always looking for people to team with, and it is much easier when you have people planning runs as a group!
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-20-2010, 02:14 AM
AaronH, this is totally fine. Loose affiliation totally works for us! Let me add you in game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Just a reminder that we are still looking for casual players to join our group!