Lt. Commander
# 11
07-14-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
What does STO do better than other MMO's ?

They fraternize with the players.
Uhm, srry no.
Thatīs CCP.
I havenīt been invited to a Cryptic fanfest yet, where I can directly talk to the DEVs and drink beer with them afterwards.

The high forum presence can be a blessing and a curse, as usually the most loudmouthed whiners have a real chance of defining gamedesign for the silent majority.
Not that I dislike it, on the contrary! Just hoping the Devs will avoid these pitfalls.

Have to fully agree with DStahl though!

The space combat makes the game for me.
What would now be REAL great if the whole concept wasnīt locked in the standard Cryptic Caster/Tank/Glass Cannon design philosophy.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-14-2010, 06:17 AM
The only thing about this game worth writing home about is how customizeable the character creator tool is. That' it. Everything else is aweful.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-14-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivarST
What would now be REAL great if the whole concept wasnīt locked in the standard Cryptic Caster/Tank/Glass Cannon design philosophy.
never going to happen... unless they totally redesign the back end of the game from scratch.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-14-2010, 06:18 AM
Well to be honest Bridge Commander had best trek space combat :|
Coolface right at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-14-2010, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabasquaia View Post
The only thing about this game worth writing home about is how customizeable the character creator tool is. That' it. Everything else is aweful.
Ouch !

That's the reality :/
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-14-2010, 06:22 AM
It captures the look and feel of Trek-ness pretty well. The only game I can think of that rivaled it was Starfleet Commander, which leaned heavily on the excellent musical soundtrack.

The graphic designers and artists deserve a pat on the back for their creative extrapolation of the Trek asthetic. Even though it is too small, even the sector maps look very Trek-y.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-14-2010, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Democratus View Post
It captures the look and feel of Trek-ness pretty well. The only game I can think of that rivaled it was Starfleet Commander, which leaned heavily on the excellent musical soundtrack.

The graphic designers and artists deserve a pat on the back for their creative extrapolation of the Trek asthetic. Even though it is too small, even the sector maps look very Trek-y.
Yeah all the other trek games I've played have never felt like a universe. It might not be the best game ever but at least it has potential and in no other game can you warp to Risa in your ship and then beam down to it. Although having nothing to do there until season two kinda sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-14-2010, 06:41 AM
In this game, when u want to go to the tact view (in the ship) to the interior bridge (in the ship), u need to beam up...

Im on the bridge and i want to take a breakfast, so beamup scotty !
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Space combat as far as MMO's are concerned. IMO they have made it more fun the be a captain of a spaceships then EvE has do to the fact I can actually fly this vessel instead of just choose a target and circle.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-14-2010, 07:00 AM
Being the best at space combat isn't exactly hard. Very few MMOs have the feature. Its better han EVE's, but doesn't even come close to SWG's space combat.

The truth is STO does nothing better than any other MMO.