Lt. Commander
# 21
07-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Disapointed that these items are only 1 per player not account i think i will pass :p when are the nebula and excelsior are going onto c store? does anyone know yet?
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-15-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure of the thinking behind this. 400cp is a LOT of money for 2 costume slots....

So far I don't have any need for extra BO's my RA already has 3 or 4 that don't do ANYTHING, even with officers set up for each RA ship style, and the VA ships aren't going to add anything I can't fill with my available officers.

Ship slots, yeah I already have the max ship slots filled. But I am still on the fence with this one. Obviously at VA there are 3 new ship options, plus 2 ships coming to the Cstore (which I may of may not but depending on the price, I already own a Gal-X, don't want to end up spending $100 on ships I may or may not use), so that does lead into complications if you want to have 1 of each type of the RA and VA ships. So it might come in handy, or I might just ditch my least used ships who knows. However, with all of that, I still think 400 is a bit much even for that.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Yes, per character is just pure greed now lol. Why the change Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-Three-Five-Nine
I was a bit disappointed with the 400cp price per character. I guess it's the cost of data storage.

Doesnīt make sense two new character slots only costs 500cp, that comes with 8 Bo slots, 8 ship slots and 3 costume slots. Itīs just a ripoff
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-15-2010, 11:47 AM
This is just the norm, I think. Everyone asks for something, and they provide it.

Ithink the bigger concern is that All this money is comming out, and then what happens when there is no more to be got.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo64 View Post
This is just the norm, I think. Everyone asks for something, and they provide it.

Ithink the bigger concern is that All this money is comming out, and then what happens when there is no more to be got.
With everything that's happened in the last 24 hours, that prophecy will be fulfilled sooner rather than later. It's really kind of sad as this had so much potential...
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidNuetronium
Yes, per character is just pure greed now lol. Why the change Cryptic?
Yeah, I'd like to know that as well. Although, they'll probably just ignore it in the hopes that it will go away.

Or, if they do answer, it will probably be something like "we don't have the tech" or "database space issues" or something similar (and unbelievable). The really sad thing is that you better not delete the character you pick to buy the new slots; then you'd have to buy more.

Then again, that's probably their plan, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-15-2010, 12:11 PM
it's a shame really, I don't mind spending 1200 points to get these little add ons and such, but per character is just greedy. I love the c-store, and I usually buy whats on there....but with the cost of the Galaxy X and now charging per character I guess I'm going to have to be much more selective as I'm being bleed dry

Really though Cryptic, you should come back to this and consider making it per account....that's a lot more reasonable.

P.S. I understand per character, especially with Season 2 coming out, people are going to want these even more for their Tier 5.5 ship, there is more profit for them doing it this way, but it's bad faux pas.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Yeah, I'd like to know that as well. Although, they'll probably just ignore it in the hopes that it will go away.

Or, if they do answer, it will probably be something like "we don't have the tech" or "database space issues" or something similar (and unbelievable). The really sad thing is that you better not delete the character you pick to buy the new slots; then you'd have to buy more.

Then again, that's probably their plan, lol.
It's a slippery slope man, slippery slope. We gave them an inch now they're taking a mile. Ok, enough cliches heh. Peace out.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
They should be back tomorrow by 12pm.

We're sorry for the confusion this has caused some of you. If you did purchase one of those items, you should still have them.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Could you ask Destra to include why these slots are per character only? Also, is this the trend that we should be expecting? (new bridge packs, Excelsior/Nebula, etc. will be per character only)