Lt. Commander
# 1 The Rear Admiral Rank names.
07-14-2010, 12:59 PM
i don't know if this should be in the tribble forums, but Is it possible to have RA lower half and RA upper half renamed to RA Junior Grade and RA Senior Grade, or similar? I feel ridiculous telling people that the rank my character is is RA lower half after S2.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2010, 01:09 PM
i must agree i thought the rear admiral lower half sounded really rather crap, something like what was proposed RA Junior grade and senior grade or commodore then rear admiral. just get rid of rear admiral lower half and upper half they sound crap
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
i don't know if this should be in the tribble forums, but Is it possible to have RA lower half and RA upper half renamed to RA Junior Grade and RA Senior Grade, or similar? I feel ridiculous telling people that the rank my character is is RA lower half after S2.
canon follows this naming convention as well as real life military, which is where the majority of star trek got its rank and file information from anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Are you talking about the upper half lower half thing, or junior senior grade thing, Sir_James_of_Cadiz?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-14-2010, 02:27 PM
We should all just be Captains from lvl 30 through 55. After all, we're doing pretty much the same thing (i.e. commanding a single starship).

Only leaders of Fleets should be Admiral, since they're ACTUALLY commanding multiple vessels.

It seems so obvious...
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Actually in all of Star Trek there are Commodores, Rear Admiral's, Vice Admiral's etc.
But never does Rear Admiral Upper or Lower half occur in all of Star Trek either in spoken or written form.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjedi View Post
We should all just be Captains from lvl 30 through 55. After all, we're doing pretty much the same thing (i.e. commanding a single starship).

Only leaders of Fleets should be Admiral, since they're ACTUALLY commanding multiple vessels.

It seems so obvious...
I agree, but they said they won't change it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-14-2010, 02:51 PM
The only time it bothers me is with NPC's on Tribble. Somehow being greeted with:

"I need your help, Rear Admiral, Lower Half, ________.....please help me, Rear Admiral, Lower Half"

I'd like to just see the NPC dialogue filled with 'Admiral' regardless of specific Admiral rank.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-14-2010, 03:05 PM
In the interview with STO radio Dstahl addressed the issue of the NPC's calling us RA lower half he knows we don't like it. He said he wants to do something about it. I think we never should have went above Captain either. It seems really strange to have so many Admirals.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMiracle View Post
The only time it bothers me is with NPC's on Tribble. Somehow being greeted with:

"I need your help, Rear Admiral, Lower Half, ________.....please help me, Rear Admiral, Lower Half"

I'd like to just see the NPC dialogue filled with 'Admiral' regardless of specific Admiral rank.
that would work too. Changing the dialogue. then we can just ignore the upper half lower half garbage.