Lt. Commander
# 1 I have to come clean.
07-14-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm not a fan of the Galaxy class ship. In fact, I think it's kinda ugly. The Galaxy X is just ugly with even more ugly.

I understand that among ST fans this is a serious offense, and so I'm turning myself in. I have no lawyer to represent me, so if anyone wants to volunteer to represent me at the hearing I would appreciate it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2010, 01:18 PM
I agree that the Galaxy is ugly and the Galaxy X is ugly stacked upon ugly and I considered the destruction of the Enterprise-D to be the high point of Generations.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
I agree that the Galaxy is ugly and the Galaxy X is ugly stacked upon ugly and I considered the destruction of the Enterprise-D to be the high point of Generations.
Word for word how I feel. In fact I found it so ugly that once I saw the Sovereign I secretly wished they'd redo every episode of TNG with it. That woulda been amazing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2010, 01:21 PM

Although I like the galaxy class itself, the gal R and gal X aren't my first picks to fly at end game pvp. I love the attention to detail they put in though. It's nicely done, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Yay someone who agrees with me on the Galaxy. I'll come flat out and say it. I'd don't like Galaxy Classes at all. I'd rather see 'em fly into a star an 'splode before I'd use one. (thus why I say Constitution > Galaxy) Anyway. The only reason I fly one in game is because its a cruiser and I can't handle any other ship class well at all, or at least the first time I got to Captain anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Yep, she's not a pretty girl, but she's done alright.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-14-2010, 01:36 PM
ill tell ya what i am not a big fan of the gal but ill tell ya whats worse is the dam 100 year+ connie people wanta fly jeez and this point in time the only thing that it should be doin is garbage skow or maby school bus.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
Yay someone who agrees with me on the Galaxy. I'll come flat out and say it. I'd don't like Galaxy Classes at all. I'd rather see 'em fly into a star an 'splode before I'd use one. (thus why I say Constitution > Galaxy) Anyway. The only reason I fly one in game is because its a cruiser and I can't handle any other ship class well at all, or at least the first time I got to Captain anyway.
I have a theory about the reason a Constitution class starship was never seen on TNG in spite of the fact that many of its contemporaries were. I beleive it was because if a Galaxy were ever parked next to a Constitution (especially after the refit) everybody would realize just how ugly the Galaxy class is.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-14-2010, 01:40 PM
I never really considered it good looking but it somehow still pulled off looking alright. The X however was just ugly.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-14-2010, 01:47 PM
yeah the gal class was ugly, didnt look right the new sovereign class now that a beauty love the looks of the newer ships