Lt. Commander
Interesting bit of information, maybe this is where the Star Trek Romulus and Remus names came from?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romulus_and_Remus
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2010, 02:40 PM
No, it's actually a little known fact that the founders of the Romulan society, the Vulcan brothers of Romulus and Remus actually travelled to Earth, round about the time the Romans were discussing their G-ds. Because of the futuristic technology, it was decided by the ancient Romans that the two Vulcans were actually deities, and so the mythological beings we know today were actually named after Star Trek characters.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2010, 02:45 PM
I always wondered why they named them that, I mean that myth had to also exist in trek so it'd overlap at some point.

I settled on believing it to be kind of like NATO names, like how NATO will name a Russian or Chinese vehicle something pronounceable or witty so soldiers on the ground can remember it. This can easily be explained as well with the Universal Translator, once they had that witty name they could just program it into them and BOOM there you go. Only thing that ever made sense to me.