Lt. Commander
# 1 Open PVP
07-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Can we have a opn Pvp Area please ? this queue is driving me crazy... revising is more fn than this waiting atm :O

Dosnt have to be big.. or anythng special... blob of space (for space pvp lovers) with a space station/planet in the middle (for us ground pvp lovers) use ya genesis thingy... let it make somthing cool.. couple of spawn points.. fed camp.. klink camp... boom done good enough for me
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
Can we have a opn Pvp Area please ? this queue is driving me crazy... revising is more fn than this waiting atm :O

Dosnt have to be big.. or anythng special... blob of space (for space pvp lovers) with a space station/planet in the middle (for us ground pvp lovers) use ya genesis thingy... let it make somthing cool.. couple of spawn points.. fed camp.. klink camp... boom done good enough for me

I second this
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
I second this
you get a medal
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
you get a medal
Sweeeeet!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-14-2010, 07:19 PM
I would like the neutral zone to be Open PvP encounters just like any other Deep Space encounter.

At the start put both ships within 10km of each other and give everyone 20 seconds before the fight begins to ensure everyone loads up.

NOW WE'RE TALKING!
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
I would like the neutral zone to be Open PvP encounters just like any other Deep Space encounter.

At the start put both ships within 10km of each other and give everyone 20 seconds before the fight begins to ensure everyone loads up.

NOW WE'RE TALKING!
That would be kind of annoying, being dragged into fights that you don't want to be in (Ya know, like regular DSE )
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-14-2010, 08:22 PM
meh have it in certain systems ... let people have a warning.. its up to them if they want to open pvp or not.. your entering a pvp system... dse's area pain in the arse.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
meh have it in certain systems ... let people have a warning.. its up to them if they want to open pvp or not.. your entering a pvp system... dse's area pain in the arse.
That should be what happens in all DSE's. It should ask you if you want to zone in. And they should just get rid of the suck you in annoyance. And I think this idea here for an open PVP DSE type thing would be the perfect way to get ALL DSE's fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-14-2010, 10:00 PM
I like the DSE idea Ninja Boy put up but I have something to add to the idea.

I have just finished watching all the seasons of Enterprise and am currently watching DS9 again and one thing I have noticed is most combat happens out of warp. When ships at warp speed do find each other in Warp in the series, a game of Cat and Mouse sorta takes place. The aggressor has to do something to pull the other ship out of warp be it fire weapons or what have you. The defending ship does things like Mask Energy Sig, tries to out run the aggressor or hides somehow. In sector space the way things are now you can see the other ships and just fly at them. Also every ship in the game seems to be able to fly at warp 9.66 give or take a few points. Also depends on tier but for open PvP I don't know how many Tier 1-4 player would want to fly into an area with T5s flying around but I am willing to bet not many.

Maybe in an open PvP zone ship tier, type, engine, and the skills / Spec of the captain should have a greater effect on the sector flight speed to make it possible to actually out run someone, but leave the PvP speed modifiers off in the PvE areas of Sector Space so it doesn't slow them down and become annoying to fly someplace.

Things like say TSS to Engines, MES, Cloaking at warp speed, and other skills could be modified or revamped to be effective in sector space to "pull" a ship out of warp and make them fight as well as other skills to make it so they can get away. As far as big clumps of ships flying together or fleets go, it should be fairly easy see such a large clump of energy sigs at a longer distance but much harder to find just 1 ships energy sig at long range.

Any way the idea is to have open pvp but also make sector space more then oh I see everyone and lets just fly into them. Make it more in depth some how. Make it more a Cat & Mouse affair like in the series.

Sadly, the only real downside I see atm to open PvP sectors is fixed spawn points. Spawn camping or ala Eve, Gate camping has always left room for griefing / whining. An Open PvP sector or sectors should have many ways in and out so as to make it very hard to camp each spawn, random spawns don't really make sense but then again nether does 1 fixed point in space to get into a sector. Not really sure how this could be addressed.

Also the Sector or Sectors for Open PvP should be very large because just 2 large fleets meeting in most sectors in game atm would look like 2 whales in a tea cup. Fleets in size of say 20 - 50 players or more (drool) would be an epic fight and hopefully would be doable.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Spawn camping can be fixed by automatically moving the spawn point back when an enemy is detected around the spawn location.