Lt. Commander
# 11
07-15-2010, 01:13 AM
This horse has been beaten, shot, disintegrated, reintegrated, shoved out an air lock, and dropped into Sirius. It's not going to be an open pvp game, and I'm not sure why people fetish over it. Like there isn't enough ganking and unfair teams in the arenas.

The closest STO will probably come to open pvp zones is war zones.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-15-2010, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
This horse has been beaten, shot, disintegrated, reintegrated, shoved out an air lock, and dropped into Sirius. It's not going to be an open pvp game, and I'm not sure why people fetish over it. Like there isn't enough ganking and unfair teams in the arenas.

It won't be an Open PvP game, but dstahl mentioned repeatedly that Open PvP Sectors in some form or another as well as some type of area control (possibly even mixing PvE and PvP options) is one of the favorites among the team. It might even come in season 3.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-15-2010, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe

If they dont. Then iSTO will fail. Maps get boring. They would have to put out a new map every month if they want to spice it up. it would be easier and cheaper to give us open world pvp instead..
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-15-2010, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserhawk View Post
That would be kind of annoying, being dragged into fights that you don't want to be in (Ya know, like regular DSE )
Don't go to the neutral zone / pvp sectors then ?

Fun PvP happens when you have to always watch your back and you know you're not safe - especially alone.

We PvPer's don't like how everyone zone is a PvE zone.

It is annoying because we aren't able to get dragged into fights like a normal PvP game.

We need our own area of PvP sector space just like the PvE'ers need their own "safe" carebear area where they can RP they're Captain Kirk, Janeway, Picard, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-15-2010, 05:57 AM
pvp sector could work add soem systems for the ground pvpers let the sace ones either find each other and boom. gonna do some explore missions then post what i think would make good pvp (ground) maps
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-15-2010, 06:04 AM
I like the Warzone idea alot and with NinjaBoy's idea coupled to it (except for the 10km start) it would rock!

Not to mention the planets within saiod warzone could be used for ground pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Hmmm so then lets see what we have the genesis system was anti me today... kept getting scan the fricken anomalies.

Ground PVP.

Maps 1 2 3

Space PVP.

Maps 1 2 3

These games could simply be... kill the enemy.. whoevers team has the most kill after... owww lets say... 15mins? 30 mins? wins.

now lets assume we get a pvp sector with 3 blocks we'll need one system that isnt accessable by the enemy faction so we can spawn happily... now maybe you want some kind of pvp games with some objectives?

Capture the Starbase:

Basically one faction is on the defence while the others trying to capture control points. (think starbase 24) You start in space.. warp closer to the starbase.. then depending on your style either beam to the starbase or stay in space and try to stop your enemy from boarding the station.

Objectives: Attacker - Capture all control points
Defender - Hold out for 30 minutes

Wheres Sulu ? (Fed:Rescue Klink:Capture);

Sulu's got lost.. again.. can you find him?

Objective: Find sulu in one of the systems

Defend/Attack the Starship

Basically the same as Capture the starbase with a few changes, instead of goign after control points the objective of the attacker is to simply kill the captain npc ..

interiors hmmm..

Fed ship: USS Devitte
Klink ship: Whatever the massive bridge interior layout will be.

Objectives: Attacker - Kill the Captain (Npc)
Defender - Protect the Captain

Abandond Terradome

Fight your enemy inside/outside a "abandond" Undine Terradome.

(Shoot the incubators )

Objective: Faction that gets the most kills wins.

Borg Ship

Fight in a borg ship againts your enemy, beware of the drones :O (any borg maps good enough for me)

Objective: Scan some Terminals to learn the secrets of the borg.
Survive

Aggressive negotiations

Attempt to gain the favor of a species living in the war zone

Beam to said species ship to meet their ambassador talk tohim and his advisors... then go back to him and tell him why he should side with your faction. After a certain ammount of time has passed.. the faction with the most correct answers gets this species as their ally for the remainder of the mission.

Objectice: Gain the Favor of the Ambassador
Winners: Defend the ambassador & Terminate the enemy on his ship
Lossers: Terminate the Ambassador and the enemy faction.

Now Make it so!
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
We PvPer's
you do not speak for pvpers.

Quote:
but dstahl mentioned repeatedly that Open PvP Sectors in some form or another as well as some type of area control
i believe you're referring to the 'territory war' quotes, which does not = open pvp. fancy war zones, sure.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
I would like the neutral zone to be Open PvP encounters just like any other Deep Space encounter.

At the start put both ships within 10km of each other and give everyone 20 seconds before the fight begins to ensure everyone loads up.

NOW WE'RE TALKING!
The minor details can be hashed around but in general I vote a big YES!
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
If they dont. Then iSTO will fail. Maps get boring. They would have to put out a new map every month if they want to spice it up. it would be easier and cheaper to give us open world pvp instead..
While I don't think they should stop making new PVP maps ... I agree it would be cheaper ... and probably 100 million times more effective ... to have an Open PVP zone.

Just a zone. Like a neutral zone. Or a node on a map that opens a PVP sector with stuff like the suggested PVP DSE's or whatever. Just make it so it's a place that people interested in PVP can go there. And hang out there. And PVP. And don't tie it into queues.

Mutate, build off of, whatever, the War Zones. Heck, toss newer, flashier war zones, into this PVP neutral zone ... as the Nodes. And then add in the PVP DSE's. And viola ... you're building a more interactive, less queue restricted PVP experience.

At first I wasn't sold on the idea of open PVP helping. But after playing PVP extensively for the past month or so ... and reading the posts about it ...

I'm convinced it's one of the best ideas to help PVP.

It removes the biggest hassle (the queueing, and the fairness of the queues and all of that) ... and gets people more instant access to the PVP that they want to play.

Open PVP ideas ... I'm on board with them. And there are some really creative ones found in these forums.