Lt. Commander
# 1 The Crusher Family
07-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Are they jedi? Really ... seems like the boy and his mother are strong in the force. I've been watching TNG for the first time and it seems as if she always has an odd perception about anomalies ...and the boy, well that should be obvious.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Must run in Beverly's side of the family. It certainly didn't help Jack Crusher.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2010, 11:17 PM
When Jack Crusher died, he didn't have the +5 High Ground bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Bev was the only good one, Wes... I loathed him. From what I heard of Jack he was like a Picard clone, that said I woulda liked him.

How different Wes would have been if his father hadn't died and was there to whoop his butt into being a man.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Well Bev's side of the family did have that extra-dimensional scottish ghost haunting her family tree for centuries, so maybe that's where she got her perception from
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Bev would've made a hot jedi, especially in a twilek jedi er... robe...

Wes would've been "accidentally" impaled with a lightsaber before he could complete his padawan training.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Wesly was not the problem he was a symptom of the problem. Families on a starship, sheesh!
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
Wesly was not the problem he was a symptom of the problem. Families on a starship, sheesh!
Goes to show you that even Starfleet doesn't have all warp nacelles... warping sometimes.

Familes with young children in the Federation flagship? Brilliant!
Set up a school in the flagship? Brilliant!
Send that starship on a deep space exploration mission for 5 years where, if attacked, it's usually the only Starfleet military asset in the region so they won't get any chance of reinforcements?! All while having a school with lots of children aboard ship? Brilliant!
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
Well Bev's side of the family did have that extra-dimensional scottish ghost haunting her family tree for centuries, so maybe that's where she got her perception from
Gah! I had erased that dreadful episode from my memory and now it is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
I never got why they had families on their star ships. It doesn't make any sense. Sure they are away for long periods sometimes but so what. That's what you get for joining Starfleet.
I bet most peeps dream that they could join Starfleet to get away from their family and then you find out your posted on a galaxy class and they all tag along.

Also the families on board theoretically would take up 3 times extra resources compared to just having the single person.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Becasue having families on a deep space mission means that the ship is peoples home, so they will be happier doing a 5 year stint.

Also, if it is an actual fight, they can send the dish away, so those people are safe.

I wnat to know why you idiot have your heads so far up your own arses that you couldn't take 5 seconds to work this out?