Lt. Commander
# 1 agnostic missions
07-26-2010, 01:17 PM
I was reading the massively interview about how they are going to make the weekly missions level agnostic. In this way new players will have a different path to follow.

I like this idea but it raises a question. Why don't you make all missions level agnostic? Instead of giving these missions set rewards just give us yet another type of currency to spend at a "mission rewards" store. This way if I want to run into Romulan space I can do so. or if I bypassed the Planet Killer missions, for whatever reason, I can always go back, be challenged, and get a decent reward for it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
I was reading the massively interview about how they are going to make the weekly missions level agnostic. In this way new players will have a different path to follow.

I like this idea but it raises a question. Why don't you make all missions level agnostic? Instead of giving these missions set rewards just give us yet another type of currency to spend at a "mission rewards" store. This way if I want to run into Romulan space I can do so. or if I bypassed the Planet Killer missions, for whatever reason, I can always go back, be challenged, and get a decent reward for it.
The only problem is story progression problems. While making them level agnostic is great, switching up what races you deal with can have weird effects on the story continuity.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
The only problem is story progression problems. While making them level agnostic is great, switching up what races you deal with can have weird effects on the story continuity.
I think they could split up the sector blocks so that each front can be done in any order.

Might need a UI tweak to make it easier to keep track then (like a progress bar for each front) but I think it would feel more like Trek on the whole to decide the order you want to tackle each sector block in.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-26-2010, 04:35 PM
They could still keep some areas walled off as well if they want. The Gamma Orias sector for example could still require level 40 to enter but once inside those missions should be agnostic as well so you don't outlevel the content or can go over to the Undine sector if you wish.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-26-2010, 04:47 PM
...in what way will they be agnostic?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluant
Presumably in the way the OP and others describe.

It's an interesting idea - I've always been disappointed that we didn't meet Klingons and Romulans at higher levels. But I'd only want it if, as other posters have mentioned, the elements of story progression could be kept.

What if those missions that composed a story line were locked, so that only completion of the first parts would unlock the later parts? It would be a pain to organize, but I think worth the trouble.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
It turns out it was not God, only an alien posing as God.

Dang it, aliens sure do that A LOT!
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Quote:
I was just using the terminology that Dstahl used in his interview.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-26-2010, 05:27 PM
It makes the most sense for UGC missions, if they are rank agnostic, catering to the player's rank and not the designer's preferences.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
It turns out it was not God, only an alien posing as God.

Dang it, aliens sure do that A LOT!
when all else fails, pose as a deity...age old trick of the Evil Alien Alliance of the UniverseŽ

:p