Lt. Commander
# 131
07-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufia
Edited for typos

you know you could just go with the original dedication plaque for Columbia and Avenger seeing how they're both canon ships
Avenger was a Terran ship from "In A Mirror, Darkly", and other than the mention of a USS Columbia in TMP, there has been no Federation starship by that name. NX-02 was not a Federation starship.

Besides, I like my Columbia quote better...

(and not to add more whining to the boards, but since when does this game care about canon?)
Lt. Commander
# 132
07-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber1250 View Post
Avenger was a Terran ship from "In A Mirror, Darkly", and other than the mention of a USS Columbia in TMP, there has been no Federation starship by that name. NX-02 was not a Federation starship.

Besides, I like my Columbia quote better...

(and not to add more whining to the boards, but since when does this game care about canon?)
Actually, the sister ship to the NX-01 Enterprise was the NX-02 Columbia.
Lt. Commander
# 133
07-22-2010, 12:29 AM
USS Make S**t Up

Dedication plaque:

"The Klingons and the Romulans pose no threat to us 'cuz if we find we're in a bind....we just make some s**t up." - Voltaire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2v6rXs5J9M
Lt. Commander
# 134
07-27-2010, 10:37 AM
U.S.S. Astarte, Defiant Class.

"A battle for supremacy against many foes is a battle of the best kind. There are few considerations, only those concerning where to place your next shot. It is war in its purest form." -
Lt. Commander
# 135
07-27-2010, 10:53 AM
U.S.S. Yamato (Galaxy X) - Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
John F. Kennedy

I.K.S. Archanis (BoP) - Long ago, a storm was heading toward the city of Quin'lat. The people sought protection within the walls, all except one man who remained outside. I went to him and asked what he was doing. "I am not afraid," he said. "I will not hide my face behind stone and mortar. I will stand before the wind and make it respect me." I honored his choice and went inside. The next day, the storm came; and the man was killed. The wind does not respect a fool. Do not stand before the wind.
Kahless the Unforgetable
Lt. Commander
# 136
07-27-2010, 10:58 AM
USS Daikatana: John Romero's about to make you his Orion Slave Girl.
Lt. Commander
# 137
07-27-2010, 11:13 AM
U.S.S. Weatherlight (Assault Cruiser) "Second star to the right, and straight on till sunrise"

For fun:
U.S.S. Tran "He'a a REAL American Hero!!" "I'm not American!!"
Lt. Commander
# 138
07-27-2010, 11:38 AM
USS Grissom-B bears the following as her dedication quote:

"They gave their lives in service to their country in the ongoing exploration of humankind's final frontier. Remember them not for how they died but for those ideals for which they lived."
- From Memorial Plaque 1, Launch Complex 34, dedicated to the crew of Apollo 1.

USS Nestucca bears the following as her dedication quote:

"Our missions are peaceful...not for conquest. When we do battle, it is only because we have no choice."
- James T. Kirk
Lt. Commander
# 139
07-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Here are a few.

"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai

"It's all fun and games until someone pokes an eye out." - Unknown

"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"We are such stuff as dreams are made of and our little lives are rounded with a sleep" - Prospero, The Tempest by William Shakespeare
Lt. Commander
# 140
07-29-2010, 09:01 PM
USS Asimov "Violence is the last resort of the incompetant" - Salvor Hardin from Isaac Asimov's Foundation
Closed Thread