Lt. Commander
# 1 Vampire Captains...?
07-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Assume: All of the TV-series captains have been made vampires. We don't know or care how or why.

Assume: Artificial light isn't a problem for them, and none of their ships are currently close enough to a star to vaporize them.

Question: Which captains will be strong and wily enough to kill/vampirize their entire crews? Versus, which crews will be clever and together enough to stop their captains?

My theory...

Kirk would do a lot of damage, but in the end, he's too much about brawn and not enough about brain. Spock would find a way to stake him, or Scotty would get the Enterprise right up next to a star.

Picard would keep it subtle, and the crew would take a while to catch on. But, in the end, they'd all pull together and stop him with their massive teamwork.

Sisko would stay low key, and in the confusion of politics that always washes over his station, he'd manage to finish off every last one of them. It was a darker show.

Agree? Disagree? Janeway? Archer? (I don't feel as qualified to have strong opinions about them, as I was patchier on watching both Enterprise and Voyager.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Assume: Someone needs to put the twilight books down.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Assume: None of the captains were vampires, and vampire crossovers are dumb.

Go back to the Twilight forums.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGothic View Post
Assume: Someone needs to put the twilight books down.
I was thinking more that people needed to stop talking about Twilight. So, I moved the vampire conversation somewhere trekkier.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noebe
I was thinking more that people needed to stop talking about Twilight. So, I moved the vampire conversation somewhere trekkier.
No, it's fine where it is. It doesn't need to spread.

Expect hositility. You've been warned.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Okay, I'm in a trolling mood today, and I aimed to troll on this one. But with this topic I have no regrets. Everyone is on the vampire craze ever since underworld, and realistically, if that and it's horrible sequels weren't such a big hit, then teen sensations such as twilight and vampire diaries on tv (twilight-lite beer) would probably have never come to light. We need another spanish inquisition and stomp this all out. I need dracula, I need lost boys, I need Interview with a vampire. Hell, I need queen of the damned.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-15-2010, 10:03 AM
I see. I figured that since everyone kept bumping threads about vampires that they were interested in talking about vampires. Since I was more interested in talking about STAR TREK, I created a thread that involved both.

My mistake. Continue your vampire bashing.

Oh no, sparkly vampires. They're so awful, I can't look at anything else or think about anything else. They've melted my brain. Quick get a flamethrower.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noebe
I see. I figured that since everyone kept bumping threads about vampires that they were interested in talking about vampires. Since I was more interested in talking about STAR TREK, I created a thread that involved both.

My mistake. Continue your vampire bashing.

Oh no, sparkly vampires. They're so awful, I can't look at anything else or think about anything else. They've melted my brain. Quick get a flamethrower.
Much better, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Oh well, sainthazard, it was a good tag teaming of trolling while it lasted.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Picard would have the easiest time as a vampire.

Constant need for blood? Romance Beverly = instant access to the ship's blood bank. Plus he's got a hot gal.
Away team missions in harsh overly sunny climates? Riker wouldn't allow it!
More need for really really fresh blood? The Ent-D's got a thousand personnel in it! Plus all those diplomats and imporant people!
Crew potentially out to get you with pitchforks? I can't think of any situations where the crew of the Enterprise would dare go against Picard, his reputation's just that large.