Lt. Commander
# 21
07-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Noncombat for those that want noncombatg should be good, but dont take away MY combat that I LIKE. Do both. Give combat options AND noncombat options.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Combat options would be the entire rest of the game. . .
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-15-2010, 12:16 PM
So the combat people become second class citizens to the diplomacy people is what you are saying. Rather than compromise, "give me what I want, you dont have to play it?"
How VERY diplomatic of you.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashter View Post
Combat options would be the entire rest of the game. . .
And what's wrong in offering people an actual choice in how they want to mix and match the game's experience to their personal taste, by lets say... allowing us to discover that even a diplomatic mission can be accomplished by applying force in a precise and measured way so as to give us diplomatic leverage over our opponent?

Or on the other hand, what's wrong with allowing us to talk-down some threats instead of merely blowing them up on first sight? STAR TREK wasn't always about the pew-pew or hour-long dialogs, its best episodes, in my opinion, were always a satisfying mixture of both!
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-15-2010, 12:18 PM
I, too, think this is a great idea. Sub-missions across the board would be neat, especially "carry this from here to there" (maybe with time limits?) and such.

Caymen
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-15-2010, 12:25 PM
the OP's got a nice idea, but it defeats the purpose of diplomacy, if you choose one side over the other by providing some sort of "outside" assistance. what if the side that does need something, and it turns out that they're conspiring with said orions for a piece of the action on profits from all that rom ale being hijacked? where's the integrity of the UFP/Starfleet then?
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
where's the integrity of the UFP/Starfleet then?
If you perceive diplomacy as having integrity or even honesty, you live in a different world than I do, but also you've probably watched a different STAR TREK than I ever did. What do you think about all those STAR TREK movies and episodes where the TNG/TOS crews were fighting against Starfleet Officers who seemingly sought to benefit the Federation as an end-goal but committed immoral acts which stood against everything UFP was about?
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
If you perceive diplomacy as having integrity or even honesty, you live in a different world than I do, but also you've probably watched a different STAR TREK than I ever did. What do you think about all those STAR TREK movies and episodes where the TNG/TOS crews were fighting against Starfleet Officers who seemingly sought to benefit the Federation as an end-goal but committed immoral acts which stood against everything UFP was about?
Section... whatever thew name was comes to mind, the Marquis, well that whole conflict...
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck_of_many_things
Section... whatever thew name was comes to mind, the Marquis, well that whole conflict...
Section 31?