Lt. Commander
So there's a competition that acts as a good advert for STO. Problem is they're paying some marketing agency big fees again (remember the council members decision being outsourced), when they could have just used the inhouse web designer to do something simple and effective. Meanwhile we're being told that ships that are free at the current rank (not the skins) will be charged for at the next.

I'm all for them buying the mini games and Leeta voice acting, and understand that some measures work better than others to entice new players, but if money is tight why is this happening at our expense? This is a backwards move for existing players, we're paying for it if you buy those ships. Shouldn't Atari pay for it's own extra advertising if they think it is going to pay off, or do we now take that risk now in return for reduced game functionality for the sub price?

Maybe they make more from the ships than this is costing, but that isn't the principle, and this is an extravagance. I want new players, but is the remaining player base so loyal that they can be used and abused, or do we still kick up enough of a fuss? This is probably isn't Stahl and his direct team's decision, I understand he is trying to make it so the ships might be earned also, but when we've showed our discontent on similar issues they have had to concede.

Please show your support in this thread to back Stahl's endeavor. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Whats this now? paying for voice acting...what?
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdere View Post
So there's a competition that acts as a good advert for STO. Problem is they're paying some marketing agency big fees again (remember the council members decision being outsourced), when they could have just used the inhouse web designer to do something simple and effective. Meanwhile we're being told that ships that are free at the current rank (not the skins) will be charged for at the next.

I'm all for them buying the mini games and Leeta voice acting, and understand that some measures work better than others to entice new players, but if money is tight why is this happening at our expense? This is a backwards move for existing players, we're paying for it if you buy those ships. Shouldn't Atari pay for it's own extra advertising if they think it is going to pay off, or do we now take that risk now in return for reduced game functionality for the sub price?

Maybe they make more from the ships than this is costing, but that isn't the principle, and this is an extravagance. I want new players, but is the remaining player base so loyal that they can be used and abused, or do we still kick up enough of a fuss? This is probably isn't Stahl and his direct team's decision, I understand he is trying to make it so the ships might be earned also, but when we've showed our discontent on similar issues they have had to concede.

Please show your support in this thread to back Stahl's endeavor. Thanks
could it be that marketing has a diffrent budget then the dev team no one knows anything about the inner workings of cryptic iam sure we can dig it up somewhere ... but as of now no one knows
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck_of_many_things
Whats this now? paying for voice acting...what?
Yeah? What is the OP refering to?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Yeah? What is the OP refering to?
the draft leeta thread to have the actress that played everyones favorite dabo girl say something in game like Dabo as a hologram that is
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-15-2010, 11:41 AM
If you support Stahl to have a way of not paying for the new standard ships please say so.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Yes, its called a monthly fee.
You pay Cryptic $15 a month or so, they create new content for us to use. Ppl are acting like this is a free game or something...
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdere View Post
If you support Stahl to have a way of not paying for the new standard ships please say so.
Uh, yeah, it's called my monthly sub fee.

Some of us expect to get something of substantive value when we pay for it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Im starting to agree with whoever said that this game seems to be heading towards the DDO model but instead ofa free baseline, having a $15 a month baseline
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck_of_many_things
Im starting to agree with whoever said that this game seems to be heading towards the DDO model but instead ofa free baseline, having a $15 a month baseline
yeah starting to look like the 15bucks a month is beeing used for everything else but game development...