Lt. Commander
# 11
07-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Wow, I never thought that it would sink this low, this fast.

Think about the following items:

Respec Token
Name Change
Character Slots
Ship Slots
Bridge Officer Slots
Costume Slots

Of these things I can say:

Respec - This shouldn't even be available. Respec should be handled by normal in-game mechanics, charging Federation Credits or Merit to accomplish. Real money for a respec? That is just insane!

Name Change - Yes, I can see this being a C-Store item, as other MMO companies charge for this.

Character Slots - I know people will argue that most MMOs have limits on this, but I have yet to play an MMO, except for EVE, where I was limited to how many alts I could have. WoW, WAR, *** - None of them restricted my play in this way. In fact, most MMO companies realize that if people can't play alts, they will lose interest quickly, and leave. Therefore Alts are a way for the company to continue making money, by ensuring people keep paying their subscription! To be charged for a mechanic which ensures I keep playing, is ridiculous! This is unwarranted and should have been made a part of the game, period.

Ship Slots - This is another one I simply can't understand. How are ships any different than having a mount in WoW? Why the arbitrary limit? The only thing I can think of is yet another avenue of greed for Cryptic.

Bridge Officer Slots - I would need clarification on this. Is this to expand the amount of BOs you can have on a particular ship? Or is it to expand your roster? Either way, I guess I can see why this is in the C-Store, even though Cryptic said they wouldn't put things in the store which changes Gameplay.

Costume Slots - I can see this being on the C-Store, and have no issue with it.

Ultimately, I think Cryptic is being too greedy here. There are certainly some things that are going up on the store which don't belong there. Yes, some of these items are perfect for the C-Store, and I support that. But things like Respecs? Unthinkable!
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
For crying out loud! What will they charge for next? Oh, I know! Extra inventory space, extra bank space. If those come in I demand freebies since it was my idea. This is way out of hand now.. I'm afraid to look on the forums to see what comes next.
/sarcasm on (or it is)
they will start charging us for individual solar systems that contain main story quest lines as well as the ability to beam down onto star bases, heck they might ever start charging us to even look into the c-store...........

at this rate nothing will suprise me, and of course it will not be unlocked for your entire account or even once per character, instead it will only be unlocked once per login, forcing you to buy it each time you want to play.

/sarcasm off
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
No it will work like this. we will get the ready room, and the hall ways. so you are walking around the ship, and you come down to the sick bay. you walk up to it expecting the door to open but instead you get a pop up. { 400 C-points to enter } so you move on to the science lab, and it's the same thing. after going to all rooms on your ship, while getting the same thing you finally get to the engineering section, and guess what.... { 800 points to enter }
heheh well we will have to wait and see but notihng would suprise me no more considering how silly they are on promoting updrates to the cstore while the forum community is in uproar over the cstore etc.... its like they dont care...
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
heheh well we will have to wait and see but notihng would suprise me no more considering how silly they are on promoting updrates to the cstore while the forum community is in uproar over the cstore etc.... its like they dont care...
yep... same here nothing will surprise me also. now if you don't mind I have to go buy more C-store points. they are charging per shot. 1000 shots for 10 c-store points.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
yep... same here nothing will surprise me also. now if you don't mind I have to go buy more C-store points. they are charging per shot. 1000 shots for 10 c-store points.
"Red-Alert, all Hands to battlestations, Captain Zodi to the bridge!"

Captain Zodi arrives on the bridge.

"Report Commander."

Commander Tyco reports "Klingons 9 km off the starboard bow."

"Arm Phaser banks, fire quantum torpedoes, full spread."

Commander Tyco looks confused. "I'm sorry sir, but we are recieving an error."

"What seems to be the problem Commander?"

Commander Tyco responds "Sir, it says we have exhausted our compliment of torpedoes and our phaser banks are depleted. It will cost us 1500 C-Store Points to replenish. Do you wish to do so now?"

"Lt. Maka, signal the Klingons. We surrender."

Lt. Commander
# 16
07-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab

"Report Commander."

Commander Tyco responds "Sir, it says we have exhausted our compliment of torpedoes and our phaser banks are depleted. It will cost us 1500 C-Store Points to replenish. Do you wish to do so now?"

Surrender... we never surrender, charge the Card.

* uses credit card *

captain, another error, it say wait one hour for the C-Store points to be applied.

Darn it.

* ship blows up *

Lt. Commander
# 17
07-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:

"Report Commander."

LOl the posts are getting just as silly as cryptics marketing ! hahaha
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
LOl the posts are getting just as silly as cryptics marketing ! hahaha
I think its because well all drink some form of mind numbing beverage because we are all in disbelief.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:

"Report Commander."

Captain makes a decision
"Bones, Spock, and ensign Ricky, you are with me...We'll beam over to the klingon ship and ask to borrow some more money"

Spock to Kirk "Captain, that does not seem to be the logical choice...Logic dictates that we stay on the ship and stall the klingons until the credit card purchase appears"

Bones to Spock "Are you out of your Vulcan mind?!?!?!"

***Spock arches his eyebrow***
***Kirk initiates facepalm procedure***
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Captain makes a decision
"Bones, Spock, and ensign Ricky, you are with me...We'll beam over to the klingon ship and ask to borrow some more money"

Spock to Kirk "Captain, that does not seem to be the logical choice...Logic dictates that we stay on the ship and stall the klingons until the credit card purchase appears"

Bones to Spock "Are you out of your Vulcan mind?!?!?!"

***Spock arches his eyebrow***
***Kirk initiates facepalm procedure***
Behind them, Sulu digs through the cushions of Kirk's command chair looking for loose change...
Closed Thread