Lt. Commander
# 11
07-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Seeee how much attention is paid to suggestions in the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
We absolutely want this but the tech is cumbersome (the NPCs don't have direct access to your costume data - so we have to program that functionality) and we decided early on to focus on getting the interiors in game, then we'll start tweaking and adding all the bells and whistles.

Our thinking is that you'll have a "Crew" default uniform similar to a "Fleet" uniform.
Completely unaware that we've been asking for this and suggested exactly that. (Click the little arrow next to dstahl's name to zoom to that thread.)
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-17-2010, 09:46 AM
I firmly agree with the ideas presented in the OP (again) and like many others am still waiting for them to become a reality.
Lt. Commander
# 13 On my List
07-17-2010, 08:09 PM
I finally starting puting Star Trek ships form the TV/Movies in the game Crew uniforms would be nice as well. They have been on my list of want. That means even the people in the crew decks not just you officers.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-18-2010, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
I finally starting puting Star Trek ships form the TV/Movies in the game Crew uniforms would be nice as well. They have been on my list of want. That means even the people in the crew decks not just you officers.
And something we've been asking for for ages.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-18-2010, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
We've asked for it before and cryptic said they'd look into it but never got back to us. Now 2 crew slots are on sale in the C-Store on a per character basis and it's like a kick in the shins to those of us who were hoping for non-generic bridge officers.

And what about ship interiors? Do we have to look like a visitor in our own ships?

What I would like to propose is a crew uniform tab in the character status window not unlike the crew uniform tab in the fleet window. This would free us from several things like having to customise the uniform of every one of our bridge crew every time we decide to make a change as well as automatically insert new crew, summonable security officers (Including the ones for the Diplo mission on Vulcan and Bajor), and generic crewmembers into the uniforms.

The crew uniform tab would have examples for Command, Operations and Sciences and male / female variants so that generic crew and officers would automatically be inserted into the appropriate colours. (Though it would be nice to set 2 for females so they could randomly wear skirts or trousers as acceptable duty uniforms.)

There would also be a drop down for each uniform you specify for your own toon in order to automatically switch the entire crew to the appropriate uniform when the captain switches uniforms.*

*An exception would be made for off-duty clothes, where the crew would remain in the last uniform the captain selected.

=edit=

Of course it goes without saying that you would be able to edit your bridge officers to be a little more unique, such as making one of your science officers wear teal to represent medical instead of science. Or making one of your tactical officers wear yellow for security (or red for security if using TOS outfits)
Freaking brilliant!
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-26-2010, 11:00 PM
So, Mr. Stahl, would this option take fewer resources than the additional BO slots? After all, the randomly generated NPCs are surely being pointed to a specific clothing template already to keep them from wearing everything in the closet; shouldn't it be easy and take few resources to simply point them to my crew uniform tab?

Admittedly, linking them to my uniform changes might be a little more resource heavy... or would it?
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-27-2010, 08:19 AM
I think they crew uniform should just be based off what your captain is wearing, only with a slight modification for sections, SCI - Blue, TAC - Red, and ENG- Yellow. I do get tired of my security team beaming in with a Standard STO Red shirt.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-27-2010, 08:28 AM
+1 - this is such a simple thing, please do this!