Lt. Commander
# 1 Strange Pricing on the C-Store
07-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Let me get this straight. It costs 80 cryptic points to get the new Klingon bridges, but heaven forbid I pay any less that 400 CP for TWO (insert upgrade here) slots for ONE account? Either you are silently acknowledging the lack of Klingon interest, or you are trying to rip off players.

Explain how for 500CP I get two character slots, each with 8 ship slots and 10 BO slots? The least you could have done was make the new additions give at least 4 additional slots for 400 CP or make it across all accounts.

So does this mean no more BO or ship slots once we level past Rear Admiral unless we pay? That seems to be where this is going.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
Let me get this straight. It costs 80 cryptic points to get the new Klingon bridges, but heaven forbid I pay any less that 400 CP for TWO (insert upgrade here) slots for ONE account? Either you are silently acknowledging the lack of Klingon interest, or you are trying to rip off players.

Explain how for 500CP I get two character slots, each with 8 ship slots and 10 BO slots? The least you could have done was make the new additions give at least 4 additional slots for 400 CP or make it across all accounts.

So does this mean no more BO or ship slots once we level past Rear Admiral unless we pay? That seems to be where this is going.
well, the groundwork was paved when people bought all the stuff out of the c-store (25buck ships and such).

they will continue to 'test' the limits of acceptability while they grab money. This is not unexpected, nor is it unprecedented.

They need money...people will give them money. win=lose
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Here is a breakdown of the math.

Lets use the 2 characters for 500 poitns.

Thats 250 per character and each character comes with 3 costume slots, 8 ship slots and 10 Boff slots. All together we are looking at 21 slots divided by 250 points.

That comes to 12 cryptic points per slot and does n't even go into pricing the captain itself.

If you get teh 4 cahracters for 850 points it comes to 212 points per character and 10 C-store poitns per slot.

They are trying to charge us 200 points a slot now. I have no problem with them putting stuff liek thsi on the C-store but the pricing just makes me go WTF.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Accross all accounts has been stated as not possible at this time.
Plus extra slots of any kind vastly increases the amount of account data Cryptic needs to store on their servers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Plus extra slots of any kind vastly increases the amount of account data Cryptic needs to store on their servers.
I don't buy this excuse anymore. If you do the math, it doesn't add up. If this is really the reason, they shouldn't be charging more than 80 CP for these upgrades. Save the 400 CP upgrade for when they can do it for all accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Oh please! A few extra entries into a database for the current subscriber amount should not be noticeable at all and definitely not an excuse to do this sort of cash grab. Vastly increases the data? There are limited character combinations, ship combinations and costume combinations and unless I'm mistaken it will be a list of options that can be stored very easily. Is the data base so poorly thought out that it can't handle a few dozen extra slots per account?

Where has it been stated that across all accounts isn't possible at this time? If they can do it for one character then all it would require is throwing in the same mechanic as the other account-wide options like the Galaxy X which was recently changed from per character. Real reasons I can understand and agree with might make me reconsider feeling this is more than a cash grab, nothing stated so far makes me think that way though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Information concerning the new additions to the C-Store has been updated. Please direct your feedback Here.
Closed Thread