Lt. Commander
# 41
07-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metl View Post
Rofl. Poor NGE. The worst mistake ever made by an mmo. At least for now. My money is on C-Store eventually outdoing it.
I don't think I can get on board with that. Because even with all the dozens of threads about how evil the C-Store is ... I keep bumping into a LOT of Galaxy X's in-game.

In fact I think the Nebula/Excelsior initiative is being tied into the C-Store mostly because of how popular the Galaxy X C-Store move was.

I know people are enjoying complaining about it ... but it seems to be paying off well for the company.
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirek99
What? Something has been added to the C-Store? Doom! Doom I tell you!
yay someone posting without understanding what is really going on. why don't you go read about it and find out what is really going on.

here is a hint Start here
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-15-2010, 04:38 PM
I won't deny that. I just really wonder if there is a limit to how much Cryptic can milk it. At the rate of exchange as it is now, the cost of a normal expansion worth of stuff will be astronomically high through the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 44
07-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
so far all updates (expansions) have been free. i guess this falls in what you call an expansion or not. do you consider the romulan faction being added as an expansion? should it be?
Since they have alreadty eluded to the idea of Romulans being part of an expansion pack then yes. I cincider them beign added as an expansion pack. "free" updates are nothing new. EVE Online has been updating itself over the last 7 years on subs alone. City of heroes did it for 4 years. Ultima Online is still updating itself. LOTRO...Every MMO I've played has had these "free" updates.

Expansions are usualyl grander more sweeping changes to the system. Although not always. EVE has done a couple of what I would call expansion quality content upgrades and they don't charge for it.
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
yay someone posting without understanding what is really going on. why don't you go read about it and find out what is really going on.

here is a hint Start here
I've read quite a bit actually. Why don't you take a step back from this particular trail of tears and look at it objectively. I realize that isn't as much fun as grabbing your well worn pitchfork and lighting a torch, but you might find a bit of value in it.
Lt. Commander
# 46 Cstore not working
07-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Hey guys I tried to get somethings off the c-store but its not working in the game, Can someone help me out, am i doing something wrong? I click c-store, then I clicked the outfit I wanted, but it comes up an error, and i cant get the stuff, now I purchased points to buy the stuff but I keep on getting an error message.

Thanks,,
Jim
aka Jeff Decker
Lt. Commander
# 47
07-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
I've read quite a bit actually. Why don't you take a step back from this particular trail of tears and look at it objectively. I realize that isn't as much fun as grabbing your well worn pitchfork and lighting a torch, but you might find a bit of value in it.
hey well worn pitchfork... that would work if I wasn't one of the rabid defenders of this game.

as for looking at it objectively I am, you over charge someone for a product you end up not selling the product.
Lt. Commander
# 48
07-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
hey well worn pitchfork... that would work if I wasn't one of the rabid defenders of this game.

as for looking at it objectively I am, you over charge someone for a product you end up not selling the product.
If the extra costume slots/ ship slots/BOff slots and all are worth it to you, then get them. They aren't worth it to me, so I won't. So to address your assertion of my ignorance, I have read the threads and posts about this particular issue. I just don't agree with you. This is a tempest in a teacup brought to you by our forum community. I don't care if they make them account wide or not, I won't get them from the C-Store. They just aren't valuable to me. I will get the Excelsior and Nebula however, because I want them. This isn't some great moral lesson being imparted from the forum community. Every time something goes on the C-Store another little storm starts to spin amongst the forum dwellers. Frankly, it's starting to sound like petulant children.

The OP writes that all the new content is going into the C-Store. This simply isn't true. These are a few things of value to people who... want them for some reason I don't fathom. More bridge officers? I have more than I need anyway. More uniform slots? I have three and will get a fourth when Season 2 launches. More ship slots? I have no idea why anyone needs this. Decommission one of those lower tier ships you never use.
Lt. Commander
# 49
07-15-2010, 05:12 PM
To be honest its all starting to feel a bit like desperation on Cryptic's part. Keep bunging stuff into the C-store hoping beyond all hope of enticing people to stay interested plus spend money. Its a cash grab which is the way Cryptic works.
It rushes games out with un-told dozens of promises that never get fulfilled. All in hopes of getting money fast before people get wise to the truth.
Half baked games with the Steve Miller Band song playing in the background..."oo ooo, take the money and run"................

Bait and switch, slight of hand, now you see it, now you don't..........add in any other saying that fits.

Used car salesman jokes work here too.
Lt. Commander
# 50
07-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
snip.
I will tell you my point of view.

the C-store is needed due to inflation, and I support the C-store. what I don't support are bad decision in pricing, and putting game changing items on the C-store. I also want them to use their brains when pricing. if you price it do high ( like in this case ) then you make people mad. I also want them be to more vocal about what they are planing. Jack Emmert said no item that has any effect in the game will be on the C-store unless there is a way to get it in normal game play. well with the new ships that are coming to the C-store I find it hard to understand how they are going to have them tier 5 and be a ship skin. ( mostly the excelsior because it has no common group. the nebula would fit with the galaxy refit ) So I want to know how they plan on getting it in normal game play, and will it have special powers. if you can't get it in normal game play then I want them to come out and say that their policy has changed. ( that is something I can respect because stuff changes, just don't keep it quite, or you will make people mad )
Closed Thread