Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31
07-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluant
i actually don't think so.

Most 'owned' companies are told to make budget and profit margins. They then do what they need to to make that happen.

Somehow I doubt that Atari sets C-store prices... Cryptic is hitting a wall with profit in the game. This is plain to see from the 'sales' happening at regular intervals, items popping in the c-store on a more regular basis than real updates, and the pure money making 'greed' that they are now showing...

This is wide eyed frantic money grabbing now...whether you love it or not, or accept it or not is irrelevant, but lets all call it what it is. blood is in the water, money is needed...and fast.
if it is anyone it is the bean counters, marketing, and the leadership. not the real devs who code, design, and maintain the game.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
if it is anyone it is the bean counters, marketing, and the leadership. not the real devs who code, design, and maintain the game.
cryptic is more than just devs.
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-15-2010, 04:42 PM
One potential use for 2 new BOFFs ...

If you fill out your selection properly (have to doublecheck your bridge before selecting new BOFFs) you can finally get rid of all the "redshirts" from your Nomad or Chiurgeon or Diplomat bridge and have your entire bridge comprised of your own crew, with your own tailored uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluant
cryptic is more than just devs.
I'm aware of that, I think my post came off wrong. the people who make the game are not to blame. it's marketing, accounting, and leadership are the ones to blame.
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-15-2010, 04:44 PM
I'd pay 600~800 for two extra uniform slots account-wide.

I'd pay 200~300 for two extra uniform slots on a single character.

But as it stands, the price is in that place that makes me exclaim "GODD*MNIT".

For five characters, 400 a pop is 2000, enough for a Gal-X, which is marginally more useful than anything they just added. Now, all five of my chars don't *need* them, but five characters isn't an uncommon number among players here, I'd wager, and the fact it adds up so quickly is ridiculous.

*sigh*

First they put the Gal-X in after an abysmally short amount of time, now they're charging a premium for these things. Cryptic, I'm trying to be on your side, I really am, but lately you've been pushing this relationship more and more...
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-15-2010, 04:45 PM
You'd pay 300, but not 400.

Interesting. And decent feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I'm aware of that, I think my post came off wrong. the people who make the game are not to blame. it's marketing, accounting, and leadership are the ones to blame.
ahh got what you meant now.

meh. complicit is complicit. yeah, yeah, people need jobs and money, but seriously, if you are making something and working for a company, you are supporting the practices of said company.

no matter who [person or department] in cryptic makes up the money grabbing rules, it is still cryptic as a whole that is doing it. the ship is steered, and the workers work, yet it's all one ship.
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Despite the rumors, making money is not a crime.
Lt. Commander
# 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
some would argue: that Cryptic needs to pick thier marketing plans and not get thier customer base so worked up over poorly planned practices..... and lately no matter what they do, that's what's been happening. it's getting rediculous.
Cryptic's customer base needs to stop getting worked up over the C-Store. Nothing that they have put in the C-Store is game breaking. They are all vanity items that are nice to have, but are not a must have. It is like the Trading Card Game for Star Wars Galaxies. The same arguments are being made for that. That SOE is money hungry etc etc. These arguments would have merit if the items were "game breaking". Until then please stop acting like spoiled entitled children and enjoy the game.
Lt. Commander
# 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgh View Post
Despite the rumors, making money is not a crime.
your right, but over charging for a product does not bring you sales.
Closed Thread