Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 41
07-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
I'd pay 600~800 for two extra uniform slots account-wide.

I'd pay 200~300 for two extra uniform slots on a single character.

But as it stands, the price is in that place that makes me exclaim "GODD*MNIT".

For five characters, 400 a pop is 2000, enough for a Gal-X, which is marginally more useful than anything they just added. Now, all five of my chars don't *need* them, but five characters isn't an uncommon number among players here, I'd wager, and the fact it adds up so quickly is ridiculous.

*sigh*

First they put the Gal-X in after an abysmally short amount of time, now they're charging a premium for these things. Cryptic, I'm trying to be on your side, I really am, but lately you've been pushing this relationship more and more...
Based on existing precident I'd pay 50 C-points for two additional slots. thats twice as much as they normally charge.
Lt. Commander
# 42
So...if you don't think its worth the money, don't buy it. If they put it up there and no one buys it, and then they do a holiday discount weekend, and people buy it in droves at the discounted price, they'll probably make the discount permanent.

If, on the other hand, tons of people buy it at this price, then this price is exactly what its worth, since this kind of pricing is based purely on demand.

Capitalism is a wonderful thing.

Editted to Add: As part of my wanting to support this game as a guy with an LTS, I buy everything that comes on the C-Store, whether I have a use for it or not, in terms of species, uniforms, ships, etc. These on the other hand I'm not going to buy, because I have absolutely zero use for any of them.
Lt. Commander
# 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterArmaEnimSilentLeges View Post
Cryptic's customer base needs to stop getting worked up over the C-Store. Nothing that they have put in the C-Store is game breaking. They are all vanity items that are nice to have, but are not a must have. It is like the Trading Card Game for Star Wars Galaxies. The same arguments are being made for that. That SOE is money hungry etc etc. These arguments would have merit if the items were "game breaking". Until then please stop acting like spoiled entitled children and enjoy the game.
The uniform and bridge officer slots can be as essential to a roleplayer as new content.
Lt. Commander
# 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
You'd pay 300, but not 400.

Interesting. And decent feedback.
To elaborate.

I'd without hesitation pay 300 for one set of costume slots. I'd consider buying a second, but it's iffy. I'd do it if I could scrape up enough for the MU uniforms.

I'd much rather see everything they added at 200 per character, but I can see why they'd charge so much, considering they only allow three character slots with a basic account. 600 CP vs. 1200 CP... I know what I'd aim to reel in as a company.
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Cryptic's customer base needs to stop getting worked up over the C-Store. Nothing that they have put in the C-Store is game breaking.
ewll, one could argue that a certain ship is. eye of the beholder and all.

Quote:
Until then please stop acting like spoiled entitled children and enjoy the game.
while a bit of honey attracts more folks, your sentiment is noted. You don't want to see people complain about the c-store.

may I suggest not going into threads that are about that.
Lt. Commander
# 46
07-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMiracle View Post
So...if you don't think its worth the money, don't buy it. If they put it up there and no one buys it, and then they do a holiday discount weekend, and people buy it in droves at the discounted price, they'll probably make the discount permanent.
psst, why do you think they do the sales all the bloody time?

it's human psychology at work. If you think you are saving, you give up more...even to the point of over extending yourself. It happens daily around us.

sale=must have...even if you really don't/never wanted it.
Lt. Commander
# 47
07-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Cryptic's customer base needs to stop getting worked up over the C-Store. Nothing that they have put in the C-Store is game breaking. They are all vanity items that are nice to have, but are not a must have. It is like the Trading Card Game for Star Wars Galaxies. The same arguments are being made for that. That SOE is money hungry etc etc. These arguments would have merit if the items were "game breaking". Until then please stop acting like spoiled entitled children and enjoy the game.
you do realize I posted that in jest...to mirror the previous poster with simple word swapping to 180 degree his argument..... dont you ?

/boy trekkies dont get jokes very often......
Lt. Commander
# 48
07-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
400 points for 2 extra bridge officer slots... on ONE character.
400 points for 2 extra costume slots... on ONE character.
400 points for 2 extra ship slots... on ONE character.
LOL WHAT?!?! this game has less costume slots, less costume options & less character slots than Champions & yet costs the same amount to add the options to 1 character whereas you get it for ALL in CO?!

I really hope this was a typo. That's just silly. I mean if the game was $5 a month, I could see all these MT making a little more sense.
Lt. Commander
# 49
07-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksunG View Post
LOL WHAT?!?! this game has less costume slots, less costume options & less character slots than Champions & yet costs the same amount to add the options to 1 character whereas you get it for ALL in CO?!

I really hope this was a typo. That's just silly. I mean if the game was $5 a month, I could see all these MT making a little more sense.
no typo it is the real deal.
Lt. Commander
# 50
07-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksunG View Post

Yeah, its totally ridiculous that a game based on people who wear uniforms all the time doesn't have the same level of costume options as a superhero MMO...
Closed Thread