Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
New article is up on massively, some of the stats are alarming:

Quote:
That is where the comparison to STO breaks down. STO currently offers nine playable Federation races, and nine more for purchase in the C-Store. Players have access to nine ship types when they reach Rear Admiral, and another eight in the C-Store. Do you see what I'm getting at? Unlike Blizzard's store, the offerings from which represent the merest fraction of equivalent content available in-game, Cryptic's store contains fully half of the Federation races, and nearly half of the game's top-tier ships! And don't even get me started on the fact that the folks at Cryptic want you to pay human moneys for emotes.
http://www.massively.com/2010/07/15/...oing-freemium/
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Cant disagree with that, the C-Store is getting out of hand here, it looks like the MT store you'd find in a F2P game, not a subscription game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-15-2010, 06:22 PM
half of the games ships? i count only 2 ships, and some skins? or have i missed that many new ships enter the c-store?

obviosuly the guy/gal who wrote that dosnt know, or play STO... they have managed to copy + paste some facts from the site/c-store though. in this economical climate, you would of thought that a job like that would go to someone who actually investigated there work instead of spending 10 minutes on a website to just copy down some wrong "facts"...

what a bore.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-15-2010, 06:22 PM
You think it is bad in STO, just wait and see how bad their third MMO is with microtransactions. It keeps getting worse from CO to STO to the third one...
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
Cant disagree with that, the C-Store is getting out of hand here, it looks like the MT store you'd find in a F2P game, not a subscription game.
the only diffrence (and im not saying your wrong,cos it is getting out of hand) none of these affect "fairness" of gameplay
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Who knows maybe six month from now we have to pay for the new Seasons because they are on the c-store then.

The c-store is getting out of hand.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
half of the games ships? i count only 2 ships, and some skins? or have i missed that many new ships enter the c-store?
He's saying half of the ships at the highest tier, however he does count the TOS enterprise mistakenly so it's actually 7 ships.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
New article is up on massively, some of the stats are alarming:

http://www.massively.com/2010/07/15/...oing-freemium/
Massively.com's research was very sloppy in the article.

There are actually 18 ship classes at Fed top tier (with 7 cstore added skin variants at top tier). Season 2 will add another 3 ships to the Fed top tier.

You can create virtually all the races in the Alien character editor (notable exception is Caitian).

Anyways, poorly researched article with quite a bit of bias.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Yep. Sounds accurate to me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys

obviosuly the guy/gal who wrote that dosnt know, or play STO... they have managed to copy + paste some facts from the site/c-store though. in this economical climate, you would of thought that a job like that would go to someone who actually investigated there work instead of spending 10 minutes on a website to just copy down some wrong "facts"...

what a bore.
Uh, maybe you need to check YOUR facts as the article is quoted correctly. God, and I thought I was a fanboi...
Closed Thread