Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks, Cryptic! Was wondering why they were gone when I got home...
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Nice to see someone is driving the bus. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Glad to hear that you guys reconsidered making it account wide, now I am more willing to buy the extra costume slots for sure

Thank you Destra
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-15-2010, 06:46 PM
as I promised I praise when you earn praise... good job on making the right decision.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks for this.

Any plan for doing something similar for the BO's and Ship slots? 400 is a lot for just one character.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
as I promised I praise when you earn praise... good job on making the right decision.
now all you need to do is give us the information about what are your plan for the Excelsior, and nebula and the fires should all be put out.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
wonder if ill scope you on next Stoked this time around
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Yay Right On Cryptic.

now I can get back to .... well never mind.

Props for listening to reason.

Lt. Commander
# 19 STO going Free-to-Play?
07-15-2010, 06:54 PM

I was writing this as they locked the other thread that was going about this... and considering all they altered was the costume slots, I guess it still applies...

My roommate brought my attention to an article he read today...

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/12/st...me-using-turb/

Quote:
Star Trek Online's new executive producer Daniel Stahl recently stated that he "could easily see" a hybrid free-to-play model working for Cryptic's MMO. Stahl specifically mentions (recent Warner Bros. acquisition) Turbine's Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons & Dragons Online as "interesting plans" worth taking note of. DDO went freemium last year to create a dungeon full of gold for the developer; LotRO will roll the die for the same fate this autumn.

Stahl expressed that Turbine's model creates a "robust way to demo the game" and allows those wanting more to pay for a subscription or purchase items la carte. With Cryptic's parent-company Atari operating at a loss, ways to beam up revenue would appear logical. It's unclear if it's a sign of the future, but Cryptic did conduct a free-to-play away mission back in May.
I didn't want to give it too much credence.. but now with them adding these items.. I can see them going to "free to play" .. and buying the rest though the C-Store...

As a LTS.. this really scares me a bit... lol
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDestra
Note: We will have a resolution for players who had already purchased Costume Slots on multiple characters. More details on that will be provided around the time that Costume Slots are re-launched in the C-Store.
What about those of us that only purchased on a single character, and not multiple characters?