Lt. Commander
# 21
07-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Make a massive in-game raid to destroy the old Sol station.

Then, have Feds do a massive community resource gathering project to unlock the "new" station you linked (from the movies and TNG show).

Treat it like people did "The Sleeper" raid in Everquest. It was a massive raid that literally served as the most challenging content for a long time. People still have fond memories of the server-changing event.

Coincide with playerbase-created starbases and you'd have a Natural 20 on your hands.
Another excellent suggestion Darren! This would be epic and a whole lot of that F-word the devs like to say all the time... Fun!!! Alright devs, get crackin on this.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-16-2010, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
That is the default federation starbase concept art we used to create our starbases and you do see these throughout the game.

It was an art decision to create something different and new for earth spacedock.

I'd personally like to see a slightly different take on it since I'm still in love with this:

dStahl's favorite Fed Station Design
That is what I personally call the correct way to portray a starfleet station. The first time I saw Earth Space dock in Beta was a big WTF moment.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-16-2010, 01:37 AM
Quote:
That is the default federation starbase concept art we used to create our starbases and you do see these throughout the game.

It was an art decision to create something different and new for earth spacedock.

I'd personally like to see a slightly different take on it since I'm still in love with this:

Definitly my favourite Starbase design, too.
I loved "A Final Unity" as one could dock inside one of those.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Also dStahl, one of the loading screens shows the inside of a starbase docking area (it was even animated during beta). When are we going to see that area?
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-16-2010, 02:21 AM
That was a picture of Star Fleet Headquarters.

I agree....eventualy i think star fleet headquarters should be put into the game...

Maybe some of the shipyards too...like the one for Mars where the M-8 computer system was experiemnted with or maybe the JUpiter Mining colony.

I mean its nothing personal but the one right now just seams a bit cluttered..
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-16-2010, 02:29 AM
2010 SOTL Closeup – Robert Wilde– “We Come In Peace For All Mankind

Finished version is my current Desktop.
Would be so awesome if Cryptic could hire some of that old time Trek creative talent for some new ingame designs.
It would be automatically canon and fantastic!
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-16-2010, 02:58 AM
I'm hoping one day we can fly in and dock at the starbase like they did in Elite game.

One other question what about spinning starbases ? and maybe have it orbiting around earth ? Unless of course you wil do this when you make the solar system
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-16-2010, 03:12 AM
Quote:

I would love to see that Starbase in game.

I would also love to see the Watchtower class starbases in game as well.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-16-2010, 03:19 AM
Quote:

That one is also my favourite Starbase design and I would love to see it in-game.

Also I agree. Dstahl maybe you should go to bed man, If I'm right it's really late over there and we don't want you falling asleep at your desk.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-16-2010, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post
I'm hoping one day we can fly in and dock at the starbase like they did in Elite game.

One other question what about spinning starbases ? and maybe have it orbiting around earth ? Unless of course you wil do this when you make the solar system
Even tho I loved the Stations in Elite (even made a model of a Coriolis Station too heh), but the concept of rotating stations that spinf to produce gravity isn't needed when there are gravity plating generators, unless you mean something else.

Also would love to see the classic SB1 design used again with the internal ship docking area as well to fly in :p