Lt. Commander
Why not?

Wouldn't need much in the way of artwork at all. Just some fun innate characteristics (3 each, reflecting that these are pre-manufactured sentient AIs)

Would be hilarious if the Photonic ones had facial presets which made them look exactly like the EMHs from Voyager and Prometheus, with access to full "Alien" race adjustments to customize away from that look, of course. Still, I'd roll an Andy **** photonic captain in an instant.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoh
Why not?

Wouldn't need much in the way of artwork at all. Just some fun innate characteristics (3 each, reflecting that these are pre-manufactured sentient AIs)

Would be hilarious if the Photonic ones had facial presets which made them look exactly like the EMHs from Voyager and Prometheus, with access to full "Alien" race adjustments to customize away from that look, of course. Still, I'd roll an Andy **** photonic captain in an instant.
Perhaps in the future? Android of Soong type would have a strength of 1,000 little klingons and intelligence of 500 super computers. I don't think it would be fair? I don't know.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
Perhaps in the future? Android of Soong type would have a strength of 1,000 little klingons and intelligence of 500 super computers. I don't think it would be fair? I don't know.
Unless they are B4 styled androids with a learning curve...I always thought of B4 as Data's slower brother...so maybe in that respect we ought to go with holograms.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-15-2010, 04:15 AM
I remmeber a post this week that DStahl said we can't be androids. But he didn't say anything about holograms!
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-15-2010, 02:02 PM
they have already been working on them at one point it seems.

Sto wiki has a list of unused character traits and the icons for them.

Android
Blind
Charm
Cold Dwelling
Engineered Clone
Engineered Soldier
Haggler
Hunter
Lobes for Business
Pacify
Photonic Lifeform
Project Image
Psychic Blast
Shroud
Tactician

Now if you have a photonic science officer from the referral system, you will notice he has the trait "Superior photonic lifeform"

And if you look at the borg bridge officer's trait, superior nueral blast. the captians skill is just listed as "nueral blast"

So it's safe to assume that "photonic lifeform" is a captian trait.

Likewise if they ever do add in androids, if they make bridge officers out of them, they will probably have a "superior andriod" trait.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Dstahl made comments that you could play as Android or Photonic Captain as soon as they decided when they were going to release them
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-17-2010, 06:47 AM
I'd love to play as a photonic lifeform. Would totally redo my Picard Day character to play as one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-17-2010, 07:25 AM
I already play as an Andriod Life Form. That is the wonders of the Create an Alien feature in Character Creation. I wrote a quick back story based on the idea that Star Fleet was designing a hybrid Artificial Life Form based on Android, Borg, and Nanite technology. I based my skills on logical choices that fit my needs, and fit with a cybernetic life form. I choose to make him a grey color since he was a prototype, and removed hair, nose, ears to make him generic. He is not indestructable, but neither was Data, Lore, or B4 (poor B4 was in pieces when introduced). While some may want those specific, and/or unique, powers and skills I think most coul make one with existing options availible.

I have actually seen a few very well done Data look alikes since launch. We may all want to consider that maybe the game requires less prefab, and more creative.