Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
if you don't know yesterday we had a big post about the Nebula, and the Excelsior. if you want to read the whole thing click the link HERE

but one thing that sticks out to me is the Excelsior's transwarp drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post

These ships are currently slated to have slightly different configurations with at least 1 intersting unique ability (Nebula will have some sort of awacs like power and excelsior gets transwarp to any sector ability)
if this ability is add then people who have the Excelsior will be able to transwarp to any sector. ( in theory ) To me this is a good thing, but to some it is not so good.

for example
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeymane
I'm not happy that they're getting unique powers, especially not that transwarp power, given that people have been asking since beta for the ability to reassign our transwarp power to different starbases (like ds9 or MA).

You're missunderstanding what I'm getting at. This unique power is something a lot of people have wanted, and now they're turning it into something that only shows up on one ship, for money, that we in all fairness should have added to our current transwarp powers as part of the season 2 update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post

DUDE if you plan on having sector pvp in this game trust me this excelsior gets transwarp to any sector ability is gonna be A HUGE ADVANTAGE to getting troops to defend or sneak attack this just tells me planning ahead at times gets sidetracked to a new LOOK SHINY object.

To me this ability is way over the top eaven more so then galaxy x IF THEY PLAN on sector pvp as dsthal keeps talking about they want in...
If they start adding stuff like this they have to do it the warhammer way with transwarp popping up for anyone in game when something in pvp gets attacked .... Thus killing any chance of launching suprise attacks, counter offensives where the enemy has least number of defenders etc.... Lots of tatical planning just gets tossed out and it will be a zerg fest..
So my question is what do you think about the Excelsior using Transwarp, and how should it be implemented in to the game?

So post your complaints, thoughts, concerns, praises, and anything else here. also any dev feed back would be great.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-16-2010, 07:40 AM
OMG. Transwarp drive.

GIMME GIMME GIMME! Here, have my wallet!
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
OMG. Transwarp drive.

GIMME GIMME GIMME! Here, have my wallet!
lol that made me laugh, and made my day. but really what do you think about it?

( also I love the avatar )
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
So my question is what do you think about the Excelsior using Transwarp, and how should it be implemented in to the game?
My understanding is that transwarp to any sector is already available with S2 and is unlocked by maxing out your diplomatic progress.

My suspicion is also that the Excelsior has a longer cooldown than the earned version.

Also keep in mind that you're stuck in the Excelsior in some sector blocks whereas the earned version lets you pick your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-16-2010, 07:43 AM
What the crap is an "awacs" power?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-16-2010, 07:44 AM
Excelsior with the ability to transwarp to any sector in the game? Hmm, maybe good, maybe not. Though I agree with the first quote; transwarp should be limited to travelling between major starbases.

And a Nebula with AWAC powers? Might be interesting.

And maybe this means that some of the speculation regarding these ships being T5 purchases are true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Something like this, I'd imagine. In the case of STO, the more acurate name might be SWAC.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
AWACS Airborne Warning and Control System, or Airborne early warning and control as it is also called.

it's like radar, so this must be space radar. ( I wonder if it will be used to detect cloaked ships? maybe that should be it's own thread. )

also would it not be SWACS Spaceborne warning and control system?
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Would Awac find cloaked ships or something?
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
lol that made me laugh, and made my day. but really what do you think about it?

( also I love the avatar )
Well, thank you!

And I'm going to buy. I've bought nearly everything in C-Store, save the Klingon ship costumes and bridge packs. If only I hadn't brought the Klingon Targ....
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
And maybe this means that some of the speculation regarding these ships being T5 purchases are true...
here you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post

We are heavily considering a suggestion posted earlier where acquiring these ships unlocks both a T3 AND T5 version. So you can fly it at Captain and then a Refit version at Admiral. (love this idea btw)