Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 241
07-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfire25 View Post
Welcome to ALL MMOs
Sorry but no, i've played several other MMOs before this one, I know what an MMO is like. I just don't like being lied to. Read my posts in pages 22 & 23.
Lt. Commander
# 242
07-19-2010, 09:35 AM
At the end of the day- all of these ships, systems, powers, game mechanics, and critters should have been in the game before it launched.

Plus the two new "special" powers sound lame.

I know many people along with myself are playing this game not only b/c it's Star Trek but also, b/c so far new content has been filling in gaps and holes in the game. My hope is/was that a "real" mmo would come out of the ashes of their - LACK OF - launch disaster. Record box sales- record first month cancels.. That tells you something.

So like many of you I continue to check in to the new updates and play around with the half cocked, ready-fire-aim game cryptic pumped out and I sing it's praise b/c of my love of Star trek.. However- With new games coming out that offer a full experience without MTs for what should be standard content. I'm sorry I donít know how much more I can take.

Offer two full factions with full pvp/pve content.
Offer a REAL crafting system
Offer an exploration system worth playing
Make good on the things you said would be IN the game while you were selling it- before the launch.

One thing I know about Trek fans is,-- You can push them a long way to spend money on crap that most sane people would wince at.. You can even get them to hang on to a dying product for their LOVE of all things trek. But once you betray them/trek, they will ALL tern on you. It wonít be one at a time. It will be a mob.

If every new thing that goes in to the game is going to be MT items, many people will be very angry.
And that makes me sad, I really wanted this game to be an amazing experiance.
Lt. Commander
# 243
07-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoshaft View Post
At the end of the day- all of these ships, systems, powers, game mechanics, and critters should have been in the game before it launched.
If every new thing that goes in to the game is going to be MT items, many people will be very angry.
+1. Perfect. All of it. That's exactly what i think and how I feel.
Lt. Commander
# 244
07-19-2010, 09:51 AM
A lot of my criticism towards Cryptic and STO is their persistant emersion breakers. This is another example of it although in fairness to Cyrptic, there's a bizzare obsession from this community for "classic" ships. Now bear with me because I mean no offence to anyone by this, but let's take a leaf out of Spock's book and look at this logically from an in-game universe perspective. It's set in the 25th Century and despite this, Cyrptic would have us believe (thanks to community pressure) that Starfleet are rehashing 23rd Century hulls. Let's be clear here, it's like the modern day Navy rolling out 19th Frigates. A completely unfeasable consideration. To put it in Star Trek terms, the 23rd Century had no major wars. They had skirmishes with Klingons but nothing comparable to the 24th Century's Dominion Wars let alone the 25th Century Klingon, Romulan and Borg Wars.

What I'm getting at here is while I can buy the technology being reintroduced due to breakthroughs, the fact that they would stick it on the original hull from two hundred years prior is not something I'm willing to buy into. It's the 25th Century, let's see some 25th Century hull design. So come on Cryptic, let's see some originality and come on community, get behind Cryptic in this.
Lt. Commander
# 245
07-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoshaft View Post

Plus the two new "special" powers sound lame.

I know many people along with myself are playing this game not only b/c it's Star Trek but also, b/c so far new content has been filling in gaps and holes in the game. My hope is/was that a "real" mmo would come out of the ashes of their - LACK OF - launch disaster. Record box sales- record first month cancels.. That tells you something.

So like many of you I continue to check in to the new updates and play around with the half cocked, ready-fire-aim game cryptic pumped out and I sing it's praise b/c of my love of Star trek.. However- With new games coming out that offer a full experience without MTs for what should be standard content. I'm sorry I donít know how much more I can take.

Offer two full factions with full pvp/pve content.
Offer a REAL crafting system
Offer an exploration system worth playing
Make good on the things you said would be IN the game while you were selling it- before the launch.

One thing I know about Trek fans is,-- You can push them a long way to spend money on crap that most sane people would wince at.. You can even get them to hang on to a dying product for their LOVE of all things trek. But once you betray them/trek, they will ALL tern on you. It wonít be one at a time. It will be a mob.

Totally agree with you Xenoshaft.
Lt. Commander
# 246
07-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janko
Totally agree with you Xenoshaft.
I've been saying that since they first announced the game. Trek fans are a special breed. You can't screw around, you have to get things right; we tend to take things rather more seriously than you might expect.