Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyias View Post
What is bothering me is that new ships are appearing on C-store as the ONLY method so far to obtain them.

A ship is the coolest, most interesting item you can obtain in the game. When you went from your Miranda to your Lt Ship....when you got that commander ship for the first time...so on and so forth. Instead of having the option to obtain "Transwarp schematics" and other loot to create a ship at Utopia Planetia (and the Klingon Equivalent) or even find it through the course of normal game play!

Now I do not mind ships being on the C-store as an ALTERNATIVE if that is what people want but it is ridiculous that we get 3 base ships to buy in the game and everything else costs money. The most interesting loot in the game, that could be put into some AMAZING episodes and fleet action content is being put in a store.

There should be IG means in order to obtain interesting loot. We shouldn't have to play a meta game in order to make the game more interesting.
QFT, Utopia Planetia crafting as an IG means to get C-Store and other unique ships = win/win
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
What is bothering me is that new ships are appearing on C-store as the ONLY method so far to obtain them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post

And as mentioned earlier - I'm also arguing for a way to get alternative ways to unlock these types of things in game so that there are other ways to get the ship rather than via the C-Store.

we do have support for this from the inside.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-16-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm expecting the Transwarp ability (both Excelsior and Diplomatic reward versions) will be a single button that when clicked will open a menu listig all the sector blocks. You pick one and *poof* you are there. Probably adjacent to the stabase for that sector block if there is one, otherwise a newly decided preset location for that block.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeOnline View Post
I'm expecting the Transwarp ability (both Excelsior and Diplomatic reward versions) will be a single button that when clicked will open a menu listig all the sector blocks. You pick one and *poof* you are there. Probably adjacent to the stabase for that sector block if there is one, otherwise a newly decided preset location for that block.
there is a diplomatic version do tell us about it. how do you get it? ( is it a reward for maxing out,) and does it fit on every ship.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
we do have support for this from the inside.
I know DStahl feels the same way and my posts are not directed at him specifically but it doesn't mean we shouldn't keep posting about it to keep the expectation there.

Every post is evidence for him to display so I hope create as much evidence as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Honestly, as a Trekkie, I'm jumping up and down at the nerd-nod of an Excelsior with transwarp.

As a player looking to offer honest feedback, however, I feel it necessary to say this: travel in STO is broken. It's the clunkiest element of the game, and it's extremely unfriendly to casual gamers like myself who only have small amounts of time here and there to play a mission (not a mission or two, between the travel time and the mission flow, I only get time for one unless I've got an entire morning or night to kill). The "base-station" model that Jonathan_Kent just described is actually how I was expecting the game to work when I first subbed, and I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if an ability that should have been the original model is used as a "bonus" that locks casual players into using one specific ship.

Short answer: transwarp on Excelsior is a great carrot, but only if we ignore a double stick
1) Transwarp should be a captain's ability, not a ship-exclusive ability.
2) The ability to transwarp back to a mission-spawning station really should have been the model all along.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
I know DStahl feels the same way and my posts are not directed at him specifically but it doesn't mean we shouldn't keep posting about it to keep the expectation there.

Every post is evidence for him to display so I hope create as much evidence as possible.
I know we should not stop posting is it the other way around. Post more about it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
there is a diplomatic version do tell us about it. how do you get it? ( is it a reward for maxing out,) and does it fit on every ship.
*shrug* I read somewhere that completing the diplomatic rank structure gave the ability also - that may have been a fan suggestion (I was still a little dazed they noticed my "offer it at 2 tiers" idea in and amongst all the noise).

In either case, it looks like Transwarp is mechanically treated as a skill to me, not something that sits in/eats up any gear slot, so why would it not work with any ship if you are qualified to have it?
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-16-2010, 09:16 AM
okey on the ewacs system if this is to negate klingon cloak where is klingon counter i mean come on why not make klingons fly in paperplanes with crosshairs on them. Beside dsthal isent it time to make KLINGON ships i mean come on! we got 1 ship pr tier pr class ..... no special ships in the cstore no skins .... u still got 8 or 9 days to show us the schedule for klingon ships as you said in another thread.. I am sure i can dig this up if need be ..

But pandering to the so called cloak is an i win button that the fedration ppl think is getting out of hand...
Feds wanted cloak they now got cloak.
Feds wanted cloak to be easy to spot they might get that now in the awacs ability.
Feds allready want orion clothings cause they want more eyecandy.

can we please get this under control? there are 2 factions not 1 faction that has everything making the other faction worthless...
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-16-2010, 09:16 AM
I really don't like this, personally I think everyone should have the transwarp power and in addition to that if everyone does have it than the beautiful blue beauty of our new cruiser gets nothing special like the other ships. Not to mention transwarp is totally useless in system space.