Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 C-Store: Hypothetical Pricing
07-22-2010, 04:21 PM
This thread is intended for people too suggest realistic pricing and how an item should be distributed, if it were to be seen on C-Store. This is NOT a thread to complain about C-Store or how certain items should not appear on C-Store, we have enough of them already.

New Ship Skins?

New Ship Classes?

Cosmetics?

Other?

-------------------------------

New Ship Skins: $2, AKA 160 CP's, no more, and per-account.

New Ship Classes: $6.25 at -most- AKA 500 cryptic points. Per Account

Cosmetics: Free
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2 The prices
07-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius39
This thread is intended for people too suggest realistic pricing and how an item should be distributed, if it were to be seen on C-Store. This is NOT a thread to complain about C-Store or how certain items should not appear on C-Store, we have enough of them already.

New Ship Skins?

New Ship Classes?

Cosmetics?

Other?

-------------------------------

New Ship Skins: $2, AKA 160 CP's, no more, and per-account.

New Ship Classes: $6.25 at -most- AKA 500 cryptic points. Per Account

Cosmetics: Free
The prices Cryptic has been asking is fair as long as they keep the account wide sell purchase.

The per character is just a greedy gouge.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Ship Skins seem to be fairly priced. Bridge Packs are too. The races seem to be well priced.

The Ships ... there's only two so it's hard to make a call right now. I think the Galaxy X is way overpriced. It's not a ship I want, so that might be a factor. I think the TOS Constitution is well priced. It looks great. It's about 10 bucks. That fits. I'll know more once I see the Nebula and Excelsior prices.

Uniforms are well priced.

Targs, Tribbles, Emotes ... I don't even have any interest in these products.

Per character extra ship slots? Eh, 400 isn't that bad a price. I wouldn't argue with people suggesting 200 though, since it is per character.

Per character extra bridge officers? I'm disqualified. I bought one set for 400. Obviously the pricing was low enough to entice me, lol. I was almost OCD about having 2 extra people on my bridge that had no names. I think I'd have paid quite a lot to remove them in favor of my customized guys.

Extra costume slots? I have too many of them for free to want to buy any more. Maybe if this was for my bridge officers, I'd think about it.

Extra character slots? Great pricing. The bundle for 4 new slots, sneaky deal, I like.

I think I'm missing some stuff.

I've used the C-Store. And will continue to do so if they offer stuff I want at a price I can afford.

25 bucks is way overboard for a ship. I'd rather give Cryptic 25 bucks for an adventure pack/expansion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Since this thread is about the C-Store, I'm going to move it to the C-store feedback section of the forums. I certainly do value the feedback being gathered here as well, and can't wait to see more of your opinions on the subject.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Ship Skins seem to be fairly priced. Bridge Packs are too. The races seem to be well priced.

The Ships ... there's only two so it's hard to make a call right now. I think the Galaxy X is way overpriced. It's not a ship I want, so that might be a factor. I think the TOS Constitution is well priced. It looks great. It's about 10 bucks. That fits. I'll know more once I see the Nebula and Excelsior prices.

Uniforms are well priced.

Targs, Tribbles, Emotes ... I don't even have any interest in these products.

Per character extra ship slots? Eh, 400 isn't that bad a price. I wouldn't argue with people suggesting 200 though, since it is per character.

Per character extra bridge officers? I'm disqualified. I bought one set for 400. Obviously the pricing was low enough to entice me, lol. I was almost OCD about having 2 extra people on my bridge that had no names. I think I'd have paid quite a lot to remove them in favor of my customized guys.

Extra costume slots? I have too many of them for free to want to buy any more. Maybe if this was for my bridge officers, I'd think about it.

Extra character slots? Great pricing. The bundle for 4 new slots, sneaky deal, I like.

I think I'm missing some stuff.

I've used the C-Store. And will continue to do so if they offer stuff I want at a price I can afford.

25 bucks is way overboard for a ship. I'd rather give Cryptic 25 bucks for an adventure pack/expansion.
I have to agree with you mostly. Although 400 CP for additional BO slots and such per character is a bit much. It may be convenient for some players (certainly not me) but in relation to iconic uniforms that cost less and are account-wide itīs a bad joke.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Although 400 CP for additional BO slots and such per character is a bit much.
Like I said, I disqualify myself from giving feedback on that price. You are probably way better equipped to give the feedback than I am. I totally fell for the price. And I know why. I wanted to get rid of those two no-names on my bridge.

The funniest thing about it? I travel my interiors on my ship on Tribble and they're everywhere! I even get no-names coming into my captain's quarters.

Joke was on me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-22-2010, 05:21 PM
My problem hasn't been with the pricing as I think it been fair so far. My problem is that per character is ridiculous. C-store item should be PER ACCOUNT. I personally will not buy anything that isn't per account.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-22-2010, 05:44 PM
well, I got the galaxy x, bought the pre order constitution, already had the WoK uniforms and just bought 1 of the additional ships, and 2 sets of additional bridge officers. The only one I thought twice about was the galaxy x, but mostly because I never liked the look of the galaxy to begin with, but I kinda like the idea of having a few different ships.

The few things i'd happily pay for in the game would be

1. a house.....errrr space base. players could have their own bases that you could upgrade and outfit. The bases for players could allow for fleets to have a very practical in game use other than a social group. different fleets could declair war on each other. if the fleets are of the same faction it could be declaired a trainning senerio. the base can inflict damage on the enemy fleet and works independantly of the owner based on the owners defences. All the ships you own can be stationed there and use the current load out you have on the ship. this will encourage you to keep the ships armmed and equipted. have it on a points system . allow the invaders to beam aboard if they get the shields down and fight the owners extra bridge officers and some generic npc characters on the station. This would encourage you to make your extra bridge officers as good as possible and as well armed as possible. if your base is well supported enough your reward can be a mk12 super rare item. the asttackers can get a prize in a simmilar mannor to how instances work, your damage contributed gets you a better prize, but make the prize worth it. there could be vendors on the station to sell your stuff via the exchange, but display your stuff more prominantly. You could have mini quests to recruit npc's for your station. getting the station equipted correctly can open up labs and trainning rooms for your captian or bridge officers to use where you can upgrade your ship or train new skills to bridge officers. Allow other factions to just attack as they please. they will need a fleet or large group to do anything....hopefully. the trainning rooms on the ship could be a way to spar with the bridge officers or allow them to work to improve their skills. make it a slow progression that you need to be involved in to speed it up. allow friends to board the station and have their bridge officers train with you and yours train with them. for example, my main toon is an engineer. my friend is a tac officer. I can take his engineers and run small "holodeck" senerios with them to demonstrait better engineering principals. after a number of runs their race modifiers could have something like "basic warp core expertise" after a bunch more it can become "advanced warp core expertise" and eventually an expert level that is only obtained through you, the bridge officers owner, and the officer completeing a mission together. the tac. officer friend while i'm doing this can take any of my officers to make them better in a ground fight or take my tactical officers and make them better in space through the same method "basic starship weapon expertise" Science officers could teach an improvement to healing. have this power boost learning be similar to the efficientcy trait by the expert level, but just to the specific trait. i'd pay as much for this as i did for the galaxy x

2. iconic stuff packs. kirks communicator, or ripped shirt, or his pattened kung fu move with the double fist over the head power blow. crushers lab coat or archers dog/data's cat to hang out in my now cavernous captians quarters. the seat belts from the end of nemisis. little inside trek things to be both funny and make the game more customizable. i'd pay like 5 dollars for this

3. bridge officer emotes. if they were actually spoken out loud like small character taunts were in video games like marvel ultimate alliance. If my science officer could stand over a dead bridge officer and say "he's dead captian" or when you try to activate an emergency power to whatever power to hear the engineer say "I'm giving her all I got" or a redshirt in the tutorial say something like i'm not going to live long enough in this episode to have a name. might be priceless....or 7 bucks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymo0829 View Post
edited for sanity

Please, walls of text are a no-go. Be good and never do it again and i might forgive you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymo0829 View Post
well, I got the galaxy x, bought the pre order constitution, already had the WoK uniforms and just bought 1 of the additional ships, and 2 sets of additional bridge officers. The only one I thought twice about was the galaxy x, but mostly because I never liked the look of the galaxy to begin with, but I kinda like the idea of having a few different ships.

The few things i'd happily pay for in the game would be

1. a house.....errrr space base. players could have their own bases that you could upgrade and outfit. The bases for players could allow for fleets to have a very practical in game use other than a social group. different fleets could declair war on each other. if the fleets are of the same faction it could be declaired a trainning senerio. the base can inflict damage on the enemy fleet and works independantly of the owner based on the owners defences. All the ships you own can be stationed there and use the current load out you have on the ship. this will encourage you to keep the ships armmed and equipted. have it on a points system . allow the invaders to beam aboard if they get the shields down and fight the owners extra bridge officers and some generic npc characters on the station. This would encourage you to make your extra bridge officers as good as possible and as well armed as possible. if your base is well supported enough your reward can be a mk12 super rare item. the asttackers can get a prize in a simmilar mannor to how instances work, your damage contributed gets you a better prize, but make the prize worth it. there could be vendors on the station to sell your stuff via the exchange, but display your stuff more prominantly. You could have mini quests to recruit npc's for your station. getting the station equipted correctly can open up labs and trainning rooms for your captian or bridge officers to use where you can upgrade your ship or train new skills to bridge officers. Allow other factions to just attack as they please. they will need a fleet or large group to do anything....hopefully. the trainning rooms on the ship could be a way to spar with the bridge officers or allow them to work to improve their skills. make it a slow progression that you need to be involved in to speed it up. allow friends to board the station and have their bridge officers train with you and yours train with them. for example, my main toon is an engineer. my friend is a tac officer. I can take his engineers and run small "holodeck" senerios with them to demonstrait better engineering principals. after a number of runs their race modifiers could have something like "basic warp core expertise" after a bunch more it can become "advanced warp core expertise" and eventually an expert level that is only obtained through you, the bridge officers owner, and the officer completeing a mission together. the tac. officer friend while i'm doing this can take any of my officers to make them better in a ground fight or take my tactical officers and make them better in space through the same method "basic starship weapon expertise" Science officers could teach an improvement to healing. have this power boost learning be similar to the efficientcy trait by the expert level, but just to the specific trait. i'd pay as much for this as i did for the galaxy x

2. iconic stuff packs. kirks communicator, or ripped shirt, or his pattened kung fu move with the double fist over the head power blow. crushers lab coat or archers dog/data's cat to hang out in my now cavernous captians quarters. the seat belts from the end of nemisis. little inside trek things to be both funny and make the game more customizable. i'd pay like 5 dollars for this

3. bridge officer emotes. if they were actually spoken out loud like small character taunts were in video games like marvel ultimate alliance. If my science officer could stand over a dead bridge officer and say "he's dead captian" or when you try to activate an emergency power to whatever power to hear the engineer say "I'm giving her all I got" or a redshirt in the tutorial say something like i'm not going to live long enough in this episode to have a name. might be priceless....or 7 bucks.
I understand now ty
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:16 PM.