Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
07-21-2010, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usndefender View Post
If and when we do get the Excelsior Class, I want the modified design. Like the Excelsior we saw in "Paradise Lost" and "For the Uniform" on DS9.
The model is the refit version, take a look at a couple of other Excelsior threads or visit the drydocks in Sol System on Tribble - Excelsior is docked there.

Also Mustrums explenation makes sense....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
07-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Make a Constitution class verion of this and I will love Cryptic forever.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
07-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
That's nice to know, and definitely means there's no reason to balance the Excelsior against her (hardly) unique power!
Just a note of Clarification. THe Diplomacy Corp will allow you to change your Transwarp to a specific Base, The Excelsior can Transwarp to ANY sector, with or without a base.

Since PVP is more or less easily accessible, this is a nice non-pvp power up. this could be looked at in a PVE bonus.

A question that this might pose is, how much affecting is this to the PVE side? Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
07-22-2010, 04:30 PM
If it is indeed to be another c-store item .... then id expect at least to have it own bridge and customisation options.

No more rip offs thanks.

Seeing that pic of it in drydock makes me eager for it though , and how i always expected to get new ships , after the initial limp ceremony we have now for obtaining new ships , id love to see a cutscene of your ship leaving dock for the first time then finishing up by zoomining into your bridge or something.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
07-23-2010, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
Just a note of Clarification. THe Diplomacy Corp will allow you to change your Transwarp to a specific Base, The Excelsior can Transwarp to ANY sector, with or without a base.

Since PVP is more or less easily accessible, this is a nice non-pvp power up. this could be looked at in a PVE bonus.

A question that this might pose is, how much affecting is this to the PVE side? Thoughts?
It depends if the Tier3 ship has the Transwarp Drive or not. If it does, then it might speed up the level process for Commander rank a tad. But really, it doesn't take very long to get from Sector to Sector. The worst part is Transwarping back to Sol spacedock to sell the junk in your inventory, and then returning to the last spot you were at. Even then, it's not a long flight-- and you can easily bypass that by selling stuff to the replicator (at a reduced price). It also depends on how long of a cooldown this ability has. Does it have any at all? Or is it 30 minutes? We have no info.

On a Tier 5 ship, I don't think it will have any real effect.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
07-23-2010, 06:06 AM
I hope the OP is joking. How can you compare over 100 years old ship with a realtively moder battleship as a Sovereign? I really hope Excelsior is a Tier 2 ship howerver it should be in game since the beginning.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
07-23-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ller View Post
I hope the OP is joking. How can you compare over 100 years old ship with a realtively moder battleship as a Sovereign? I really hope Excelsior is a Tier 2 ship howerver it should be in game since the beginning.
Since the Lakota Refit (which is apparently what this is) was in use during the dominion war just like the Galaxy, Defiant, Intrepid, Nebula, etc. would you also like them dropped to T2?

Lets get the Klingons while we're at it with their ships that were around back then, they have too many good things going for them anyway....just kidding!! Please don't hurt me!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
07-23-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
It depends if the Tier3 ship has the Transwarp Drive or not. If it does, then it might speed up the level process for Commander rank a tad. But really, it doesn't take very long to get from Sector to Sector. The worst part is Transwarping back to Sol spacedock to sell the junk in your inventory, and then returning to the last spot you were at. Even then, it's not a long flight-- and you can easily bypass that by selling stuff to the replicator (at a reduced price). It also depends on how long of a cooldown this ability has. Does it have any at all? Or is it 30 minutes? We have no info.

On a Tier 5 ship, I don't think it will have any real effect.
It also depends if this ability replaces the original Transwarp or if it is a different one, meaning you get basicly two transwarps: The regular which everyone has to transwarp you to a base and the different one which transwarps you to any system. If you'd have two versions, then it would indeed have a slight benefit for PvE, since you can easily jump back to Sol, do your business there, jump back to the system you want and keep going. On the other side this just saves a couple of minutes. I doubt someone would level significantly faster with this new transwarp.


Quote:
Originally Posted by K1IIer
I hope the OP is joking. How can you compare over 100 years old ship with a realtively moder battleship as a Sovereign? I really hope Excelsior is a Tier 2 ship howerver it should be in game since the beginning.
Oh please, not this useless discussion again. The Excelsior has been refitted a couple of times to stay competetive, the Devs also stated it would be a T5 ship, maybe with an alternate T3 variant. Also:
How do you explain that I can easily defeat two Negh'vars, Klingons most advanced warship, with my Miranda class - which by the way is much older in design than the Excelsior class? The whole "canon" thing is rather off in this game. It is good to keep it sometimes, but sometimes it is just better to develop the GAME and not the Trek.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
07-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ller View Post
I hope the OP is joking. How can you compare over 100 years old ship with a realtively moder battleship as a Sovereign? I really hope Excelsior is a Tier 2 ship howerver it should be in game since the beginning.
Completely serious!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
07-23-2010, 07:23 AM
yeah lets make 100 year old design a frontline ship. It would be like Ford making the Model T again and selling it as a luxury car.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:06 AM.