Lt. Commander
# 11
07-22-2010, 03:27 AM
sorry im dumb been trying to find about what they are going to do to rsp,can someone point me to the info page please ?
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-22-2010, 03:56 AM
Quote:
sorry im dumb been trying to find about what they are going to do to rsp,can someone point me to the info page please ?
Any news will probably hit the Tribble forums and the Tribble test server first. But there is no decision on how the RSP "nerf" will look like yet.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-22-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
There's been a whole lot of good discussion on this topic; my favorite suggestion is to remove it as a Bridge Officer power and add it as a Captain power; replace Abandon Ship with Reverse Shield Polarity. Possibly increasing the cooldown to compensate.

95% of the population already uses this power, and many Cruiser captains have more than 1 copy. It's a very potent skill and provides such a huge bang for one's buck; and its exceedingly troublesome when Cruisers chain this power with plenty of heals to survive in-between.

In the very least, it will allow a bit more diversity in power selection by freeing up an officer slot for virtually everyone.
I really like this idea, and would like to add something to that.

If it was made to be a captain ability, what if it was split into two?

So one version would be your RSP as normal, the other would be a Pseudo version, where it does not do anything other than flash green, as a bluff.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
There's been a whole lot of good discussion on this topic; my favorite suggestion is to remove it as a Bridge Officer power and add it as a Captain power; replace Abandon Ship with Reverse Shield Polarity. Possibly increasing the cooldown to compensate.

95% of the population already uses this power, and many Cruiser captains have more than 1 copy. It's a very potent skill and provides such a huge bang for one's buck; and its exceedingly troublesome when Cruisers chain this power with plenty of heals to survive in-between.

In the very least, it will allow a bit more diversity in power selection by freeing up an officer slot for virtually everyone.
I agree with this premise, but still think the resistance cap is going to be neccassary for keeping it from reaching invulnerable states within combat.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-22-2010, 08:06 AM
i like the bluff idea cause often people switch from you as soon as they see the green flash
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-22-2010, 08:52 AM
I think there are a lot of good ideas here (mine's still my favorite!!)

I think if we get enough of a dialog going we could get some dev attention, maybe inspire them to figure some stuff out.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Why not make how invulnerable it makes you dependant on shield power? So a cruiser with 125 shield power is still invulnerable with its green pulse on, but pays for it with pathetic weapon power, but at 50, while it will still help, the facing shield should still loose more energy than it gains (how much would need to be carefully balanced to still make the skill useful).

Regardless, I LOVE the idea of making this a captain power instead of abandon ship, because well abandon ship is amazingly useless , but more importantly because then we might actually get to see some variety in tier 2 powers. (After all, abandon ship could also be boosted to be useful, so my main motivation is to have the must-have ability as a non boff power)
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:

I completely agree. Otherwise just get rid of it completely.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem
Why not make how invulnerable it makes you dependant on shield power? So a cruiser with 125 shield power is still invulnerable with its green pulse on, but pays for it with pathetic weapon power, but at 50, while it will still help, the facing shield should still loose more energy than it gains (how much would need to be carefully balanced to still make the skill useful).

Regardless, I LOVE the idea of making this a captain power instead of abandon ship, because well abandon ship is amazingly useless , but more importantly because then we might actually get to see some variety in tier 2 powers. (After all, abandon ship could also be boosted to be useful, so my main motivation is to have the must-have ability as a non boff power)
I think that linking it to shield power is key. I still like my idea of giving it a less than perfect invulnerability as a base then increasing it's effectiveness with shield power and rather than heal your shields, at the highest shield settings at the higher ranks give you a resistance to bleed through damage. This way you still need a heal, be it from allies or yourself, and to get the biggest bang for your buck you either need to invest a lot of power to shields or have emergency power to shields readily avilable.

First and for most, this proposed change is inspired by the new changes coming to shields where they are capped at 75% resistance. Basically the thought behind my proposed idea is that RSP becomes a shield invulnerability with the possibility to grant bonus to bleed though if you invest enough shield power to the skill. For ships that run at very lower shield power it would grant a resistance that would just barley warrant having the skill. This would mean that for it to be really effective on vessels who run at lower shield power settings you would need to invest points into your shield skills to increase it's effectiveness at lower power settings or use shield power engineering consoles or EPS consoles to increase your transfer rates.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-28-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm still kind of leaning towards swapping RSP and RSF. RSF already has 3 ranks associated with it, is actually useful at higher ranks, and it grants the high resistance idea mentioned several times before. RSP by comparison has no real scaling with higher ranks (like other captain powers) and deserves a long cooldown (like most other captain powers).

It's also not a lot of work for the devs to recategorize the powers in the database.