Lt. Commander
Okay, would require a "Tool" to be be built. I openly admit not being a coder and I do not play one on TV.

Here is how it would work. Crypitc would release a UGC Tool. Bascially players could choose either space or ground. From here, they could place static items (Buildings, rocks, bushes, water, etc.) and add scaleable encounters. Customization could also occur in the dialogue, of course with the proper profanity filter ( No offense, by not really into some NPC saying "Yo (female dog)" or the F-Bomb). Benefit here is we could get real dialogue, maybe even have dialogue options.

Now if this is high quality (as determiend by nominations and voting via number of times the mission is fully ran - start to completion), then I would think it would be fair for Cryptic to offer a sum of C-Store Credits (thinking like $10 worth or so). These could be applied to subscription plans as well (3 excellent high quality missions and you get the equivalent of 2 months free @ $10).

Benefits:
- Diverse missions
- More Canonistic Missions
- Real Dialogue
- Possible a fully fleshed out Klingon PVE!

Thoughts?

Blakinik
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakinik
Okay, would require a "Tool" to be be built. I openly admit not being a coder and I do not play one on TV.

Here is how it would work. Crypitc would release a UGC Tool. Bascially players could choose either space or ground. From here, they could place static items (Buildings, rocks, bushes, water, etc.) and add scaleable encounters. Customization could also occur in the dialogue, of course with the proper profanity filter ( No offense, by not really into some NPC saying "Yo (female dog)" or the F-Bomb). Benefit here is we could get real dialogue, maybe even have dialogue options.

Now if this is high quality (as determiend by nominations and voting via number of times the mission is fully ran - start to completion), then I would think it would be fair for Cryptic to offer a sum of C-Store Credits (thinking like $10 worth or so). These could be applied to subscription plans as well (3 excellent high quality missions and you get the equivalent of 2 months free @ $10).

Benefits:
- Diverse missions
- More Canonistic Missions
- Real Dialogue
- Possible a fully fleshed out Klingon PVE!

Thoughts?

Blakinik

I like the idea, but I don't Cryptic can keep up with who makes what and so on. It would be kind of silly if the content producers are paying to play the game, though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-16-2010, 05:38 PM

I'm still gonna say, I'm reluctant......

...having lived through the CoH AE exploitation fiasco.

Lt. Commander
# 4
07-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I like the idea, but I don't Cryptic can keep up with who makes what and so on. It would be kind of silly if the content producers are paying to play the game, though.
Reasons for the compensation aspect and a set figure is to do the following:

- Allow someone who is willing to create high quality UGC to be rewarded for their efforts
- Makes it hard for someone to come back later and sue Cryptic over royalties or the like. Not saying they wouldn't do it anyway, but makes it even that much harder to get a judge to listen to you.

The points aspect was to cover all levels of players (subs & LT). I dunno, maybe 1875 points (ie $15) would be appropriate.

The Tool aspect would eliminate most areas of abuse. For starters the 1 million xp rabbit whack scenario could not occur. Also the templates would still be pretty much the same, except it would allow for a customization aspect whihc could allow for a larger pull of scenarios you could face.

Right now, I normally abandon the kill 6 squads missions b/c they seem too much like grinding. If prehaps there was some timer or the like for defending a ship (similar to the base aspect) but give the ship some 'personality' like it flees when shot at, least then it makes the game a bit more interesting.

Blakinik