Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Ok, since the posts about the bridge officer and ship slots in the other topics aren't being answered, I'll start a new one.

Boys and girls, men and women, Andorian... um people, Horta, and assembled energy beings. Costume slots are being switched to account wide upgrades (for which we are grateful), but the bridge officer slots and ship slots have not. Please continue with the ruckus we've been making about it and don't back down until Cryptic understands that all upgrades need to be account wide upgrades, not stuff we can lose if we delete a character.

Cryptic, you say you listen to your customers, well, we're speaking. Go back and re-read all the threads you closed after announcing the costume slot changes and you'll see that most of the issue was with per character upgrades at all, not specifically outfits.

I've got two lifetimes and all of the upgrades except the new per character stuff on both accounts. That's, oh dear lord, a lot of money. I would at least like a "No, we're not doing it, and here's why" not just the blatant ignoring we've been getting about it.

Thanks everyone for your time and support on this issue. And thank you Cryptic for taking the time to respond to our issue.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-17-2010, 05:29 PM
The only response we've gotten so far is Cryptic unstickying the gm post that gathered the most complaints on this topic so far.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-17-2010, 09:47 PM
For what it's worth, I 100% agree with you. Try posting this again after the weekend when you will get more exposure.

It's unfortunate that they appear to be sweeping this under the rug quietly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Rabble rabble rabble! Give us account-wide stuff! Rabble rabble rabble!

Happy now?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summers View Post
Ok, since the posts about the bridge officer and ship slots in the other topics aren't being answered, I'll start a new one.

Boys and girls, men and women, Andorian... um people, Horta, and assembled energy beings. Costume slots are being switched to account wide upgrades (for which we are grateful), but the bridge officer slots and ship slots have not. Please continue with the ruckus we've been making about it and don't back down until Cryptic understands that all upgrades need to be account wide upgrades, not stuff we can lose if we delete a character.

Cryptic, you say you listen to your customers, well, we're speaking. Go back and re-read all the threads you closed after announcing the costume slot changes and you'll see that most of the issue was with per character upgrades at all, not specifically outfits.

I've got two lifetimes and all of the upgrades except the new per character stuff on both accounts. That's, oh dear lord, a lot of money. I would at least like a "No, we're not doing it, and here's why" not just the blatant ignoring we've been getting about it.

Thanks everyone for your time and support on this issue. And thank you Cryptic for taking the time to respond to our issue.
I agree with this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-17-2010, 11:46 PM
I completely agree that character specific items outside of renames and respecs are total bollocks. Never would I buy such a character specific feature for any of my characters. So far everything else has been account wide, that is the standard, there is no reason to change it now. Account wide or bust.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-18-2010, 12:01 AM
At the very least, if they are going to be per character, they should be dirt cheap since characters come and go all the time (unless you buy more character slots and never ever delete a character). 25-50 cryptic points would be far more reasonable, 400 is way too costly for something that isn't account wide.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-18-2010, 12:07 AM
whilst i would agree i do understand why not. extra bo slots take up room on their servers. many people have multiple characters and if they did it account wide or made it cheaper people would be filling up their servers with even more fairly useless data.

however it does seam excessively expensive. not everybody will want all of their characters to have new bo slots if they only want to have 10 officers max, so i say keep it limited to one character at a time but make it much much cheaper

same goes for the ship, although im less bothered by that.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Account wide or no sale
07-18-2010, 12:17 AM
It would cost me $112 to upgrade all my characters costumes, bo slots, and ship slots. I play all my characters so I wouldn't buy for just one character, and the price is too high. It trips my fairness meter the wrong way.

they have listened before and made positive changes. Hopefully they will this time too. I still have to wonder about the marketing department over there though. They seem a little desperate.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-18-2010, 12:27 AM
we might also get more slots at RA upper half or Vice admiral when season 2 launches so if anyone is thinking of buying some i would hold off to see if we get new slots