Lt. Commander
# 21
07-17-2010, 06:33 AM
I don't play Tribble, so I'll have to wait and see, but am certainly looking forward to it.
Lt. Commander
# 22 Agreed!
07-17-2010, 06:35 AM
I can't believe people are knocking the interiors. I was gobsmacked as soon as the doors to my ready room swooshed open and I could see my ready room.

Further, when I went in to the turbolift, the same swoosh! When I got to the crew deck and saw all my crew I was quite pleased.

I have spent probably 5-10 minutes in the latest released patch to Tribble because I can almost not contain my happiness and excitement at the great work Cryptic has done for us.

In my next post I will tell you how I really feel!
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-17-2010, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
you do have to admit that what they released to us hounds was well beyond what we were expecting..
oh please... we are so used to getting squat that we fawn over simple things that take little intense effort to produce. It is rather disgusting that people so wanted interiors that they are falling over themselves to congratulate Cryptic for 'blowing it out of the water'.

They added simple things that really don't do much at this point, save add the whole 'ooo i'm on a ship doing something' factor.

sliding doors, basic corridors and rooms have all been done before. Not saying they are not nice, just saying that they are NOT special...in the least.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-17-2010, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluant
oh please... we are so used to getting squat that we fawn over simple things that take little intense effort to produce. It is rather disgusting that people so wanted interiors that they are falling over themselves to congratulate Cryptic for 'blowing it out of the water'.

They added simple things that really don't do much at this point, save add the whole 'ooo i'm on a ship doing something' factor.

sliding doors, basic corridors and rooms have all been done before. Not saying they are not nice, just saying that they are NOT special...in the least.
oh please... go buzzkill someone elses post please....

let us who are happy about this revel in the shinies. shoo fly.:p:p

Lt. Commander
# 25
07-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:

someone has to have a balanced voice of reason.

I can't help it if some people get overly-excited by a simple door that swooshes open... which has been done in game since oh, the 70s.

Anyhoo, enjoy the cool superduper feeling of happiness!!! Yea!!!!!! doors and a room that looks star trek!! weeeeeee!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Quote:
someone has to have a balanced voice of reason.......
that's what Fox News claims as well.......

now git !

.:p
Lt. Commander
Quote:

People complain that the GAME is not canon, so Cryptic does a killer job of adding a bit of realism and the building blocks for later greater things and they whine..... what'z next.....

Me.... I think they mod showed care and concern that they want to do the thing right. I'm just happy to get a transporter room....... now if I could only set the transporter to maximum dispersal and load it with all the QQ'rs ..........
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRider
People complain that the GAME is not canon, so Cryptic does a killer job of adding a bit of realism and the building blocks for later greater things and they whine..... what'z next.....

Me.... I think they mod showed care and concern that they want to do the thing right. I'm just happy to get a transporter room....... now if I could only set the transporter to maximum dispersal and load it with all the QQ'rs ..........
no one whined...

Like I said, it's not bad, but certainly not anything to write home about... or that difficult, new, special, or well, useful at this point.

Do I like it? Of course. Will I crawl up and kiss their bum? No. Just saying.

Now, don't be so hurt when people have a differing opinion than yours.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:

I'd tell him to start his own thread to whine... er... complain, but in all fairness If he does, a bunch of us would drop in there and buzzkill his thread.

He's entitled to his opinion, because that is all it is. OPINION.

The fact is that Cryptic HAS outdone themselve in terms of waht I was expecting to see.. So much can potentially be done with this... I can't wait til the UGC stuff starts coming out,
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-17-2010, 07:09 AM
i think the interiors are very nice but i do want to see more stuff added over time, as im sure it will.
we should be getting some mini games to go with it and i believe they want to put stuff on the bridge and engineering that will affect the ships performance later on, not to mention the possibility of mission on-board, crew interactions etc.

this is just the first step in the process not the finished product, and its a very good first step.