Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I quite enjoyed fighting vs these 2 enemy's of the federation. Why is it when flying through their space(s) I am unable to engage any of their enemy ships floating in sector space? My ship can literally bounce off them over and over and they WILL NOT FIGHT ME!!!

I know they list as 15-20 levels below me, but I would think the game could handle bumping up their stats to equal mine and give me a good fight...

At my rank I am tired of fighting the Borg and Klingons (in PvP) over and over. And I hate fighting the mirror universe ships, and it just feels wrong...

Anyone else having this issue? Or is it meant to be this way?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-16-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm not sure, but I recall there was an issue of when a high level person joined a lower tier DSE, mobs would scale upward to their level...

And stay that way even after they left, so now people of the CORRECT tier entering that DSE were screwed trying to fight them.

So now Higher tiers can't fight them, to prevent that.

I think.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-16-2010, 01:59 AM
ugh well that is stupid, the game is preventing me from enjoying content because i am too high a level...

Lt. Commander
# 4
07-16-2010, 02:28 AM
You can only join ones in progress, so look for the red cloud and you can enter
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-16-2010, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ementalo View Post
You can only join ones in progress, so look for the red cloud and you can enter
Yep, this is correct, although the description 'in progress' is a little misleading as you can enter an encounter before it resets...Look out for Red clouds wreathed in flame, not dissimilar to Sauron's fabled all seeing eye, except the eye does not have incy weenie ships floating about in it
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-17-2010, 02:17 AM
yeah I noticed that tonight, I am gonna have to get some lower level players to start some in Romulan space, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-18-2010, 09:11 PM
When I was a Commander on my main character I went into Delta Volanis and the enemies were all my level (to my dismay)

But if you go into the exploration mission areas in say Iota Pavonis and Alpha Centauri you should be able to find some Romulans your level if you get lucky.

Rolor Nebula or something for Cardassians.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-19-2010, 01:06 AM
Exploration is based off your current level, while Episodic Content and DSEs are set at preset level for the population in that area.

But I think the OP is attempting to go back and do accolades, which is a serious problem for Admirals since the only way to enter is finding a DSE already in progress (the red cloud). Hopefully Cryptic will make it we can start an instance.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Some DSE's are also adjusted, look at the Serious and Regulous Sector Block, they are both "cleaned". You still can't enter the DSE when the ships are flying around, butt you can enter them when the red cloud is shining, and inside that DSE, the enemies adapt to your level ... of course that is only if there is no lower level player around you in range. The enemies always match the lowest level player. From Alpha Centauri on, the enemies keep at the level which shows before you enter the DSE area.