Lt. Commander
-KDF-
GoD
Lore
Stovokor
CHC
Razor Fleet
Minimax, havn't seen him lately and some other kdf dudes..

-Fed-
7th core
Rom.eylsium.. RE the germans
uss.italia is trying
section 31
D.o.B
23rd fleet
12th fleet
-7- flotte
Deltafleet

Anyhow we have a channel called Premadepvp
/channel_join premadepvp.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-17-2010, 05:32 AM
NRA for the feds is a pvp fleet small tho. -x- for the klinks is but like you said havint seen mini in a while. another klink fleet is lore
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Last night i was in a Pug that got it's bum handed it to a fleet with the tag -KT- i forget their actual name.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Section 31 is still active however our fleet isn't immune to the loss of players either who became bored or disinterested in the game.

Many players (and fleets) lost interest in the game over the months following launch.

Section 31 and DOB were really active up until about a month or two ago.

We used to premade each other along with a few Klink teams a lot.

I won't speak for DOB but Section 31 is still active with at least 4 of our core members that I would on an "A-Team". 5 or 6 members that are decent players but haven't had the opportunity to play with the main group for training / tactics / strategies etc.

The problem for us is getting all of our main guys on at the same time as my work schedule has increased lately so I have less time to organize them.

Recruiting is one option however that obviously takes time.

Tthere is a very limited pool of good PvP players and an even more limited pool of good PvP players that aren't in a fleet.

Recruiting can be like a second job.

I've always tried to keep Section 31 very small but competitive against the top players / fleets.

Training players is like a second job and a third job but it is possible (obviously.)

Well at least some players are trainable lol.

There was a time in FvF early on where we had almost no competition until we started matching a fleet named DOB. All those matches were very close including our wins. Most of those fights came down to chance or one or two key situations that could have gone either way.

We have good pickup groups from time to time including groups with members of 182nd and some other fleets vs. premades.

I remember Faithborn playing with us a lot in groups when it was still pretty early on in FvF combat.

It was a lot of fun but dwindling PvP content ultimately led to dwindling PvP numbers.

A lot of fleets have consolidated and absorbed players from other smaller fleets who were dropping in numbers or leaving the game.

182nd for example is a powerhouse now in terms of player numbers, skill, and overall PvP activity.

However they're not a zerg they just have a large group of like minded PvP centric players that can field a few good teams on both factions.

PvP is fun but it needs a lot more work in terms of areas of conflict, open PvP, additional objectives, etc.

I am crossing my fingers that the 2.0x updates bring a lot more PvP content so the interest in the PvP side of the game picks up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-17-2010, 10:43 AM
SVK is still here, but we've had a serious (and sudden) drop off in our population in the past few weeks, but we're still here though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-17-2010, 10:48 AM
one of those things about fleets is that success breeds popularity (at least when recruiting). Then once the ball gets rolling and word of mouth spreads, people quickly come. But without that first striking success its pretty hard to get rolling.

182 is about to go through it's second big recruitment phase too.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-17-2010, 03:31 PM
CHC (KDF) we are mostly ground, but do a lot of space as well. We are on nightly and run premades nightly.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Klingons:

The mighty Mogh Dynasty.

Growing by leaps and bounds, but we do all aspects of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
one of those things about fleets is that success breeds popularity (at least when recruiting). Then once the ball gets rolling and word of mouth spreads, people quickly come. But without that first striking success its pretty hard to get rolling.

182 is about to go through it's second big recruitment phase too.
This.

Recruitment Visibility holds true for any fleet even non pvp dedicated ones like mine.

Also good idea with listing the devoted pvp fleets Zorena, I do see peeps asking on occasion, so having a list or better yet a thread handy to point to is a good plan.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
12th fleet - did some nice stuff before but they do premades?

Thanks!

We do premades, but we are mainly casual with pvping. We have some hardcore players (like me), but we usually mix our hardcore players and casual players/new admirals while PvPing, except when we really feel like crushing skulls. We don't consider ourselves a PvP fleet, rather an all-around fleet.

If we were to get a tournament set up, then we could produce a team or two (or three). We have the plenty of active players, and a good number of pvpers.