Lt. Commander
# 1 Sort this crap out Cryptic
07-17-2010, 06:30 AM
Cryptic please sort out the PvP System? I am looking forward to Season Two.

So lets recap:

1.) PVP maps that allow for numbers imbalance - suggestion: Expel excess players from the game, or force join another instance.
1.a) Add to 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3 PvP games.
2.) I have notices a decline in the pickups or drops at maps. I do most PVE at elite and yet I still find that I get small rewards points for doing that and generally the enemy are only dropping battery-packs.
3.) FEDS, FEDS and more FEDS - hell why not throw in a weekend away for FED players at Clud Med, seeeing that you've given them just about everything else.
4.) PVP - Whats the point when you are up against teams where all the players are +8 higher than you. You do not stand a chance in the nature of this MMO - the rule of thumb in the game is kill off one player at a time. Why not introduce some special reward for players who repeatedly get singled out. Generally the Klingon cruisers suffer this because everyone else find it suitable to cloak in the middle of battle leaving a cruiser to fend off mutiple attacks. Sure its fun, sure thats how the game rolls, but it is not much fun.
5.) Rethink PvP - what the is the point of the planets - I have been playing for nearly 4 months and have not once flown to a planet that has pvp? Why? When you get there, you find youself in a empty queue........ Pathetic.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-17-2010, 08:18 AM
You can buy batteries from most "Ship equipment" vendors. There's some in both Qo'nos and Ganalda
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Though I have my own beef with how things are done in this game, I will comment on your remarks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalShadaraq
WTF are you up to cryptic or are you clearing not interested in the players? Screw Season Two which I am not holding my breath for, by the way - it's going to be a nerf like the rest of everything you've done up to this point.
The reason so many people cry nerf, is because they are all using the abilities in the game which are completely unbalanced and overpowered. Best current example is Canon Scatter Volley 3, who's damage multiplier is completely broken thereby doing more damage than Canon Rapid Fire 3.
(One of my beefs is the serious lack of Hot Fixes in STO)

Learn to utilize abilities that are not obviously broken. This will save you a lot of trouble, and money (for those who spent absurd amounts buying CSV3 BOs).

Quote:
1.) PVP maps that say 5 vs 5 are not evenly balanced MOST OF THE FU..ing time! Explain 7 v 5? What are you doing about this????????????
I haven't found a clear explanation to a fix on this, however the 7v5 you are referring to in a 5v5 match such as Cracked Planet, is due to players leaving the match, and new ones joining.

The issue with the queuing system as it stand (from my observation) is that players generally queue for 3 separate maps at once. This can result in in 2 or more of these queues becoming ready at the same time.
The down side to this is that whatever map the players DO NOT enter, is the one that gets screwed, because it will start with fewer players.
An example of this would be a Cap & Hold small having 7 Fed and 6 Klingons, and then a Cracked Planet with 5 Feds and 4 Klingons. If you queued for both of these, thereby activating the queue thresholds, then entered the Cap & Hold small, the Cracked Planet would also start, but with 5 Feds and 3 Klingons (assuming all the other people in Cracked Planet chose to enter that, opposed to the Cap&Hold small).

Quote:
2.) So I am meant to fly around in my ship picking up batteries for the rest of my days? I understand that you want to keep people playing longer, but let me see - boredom is not going to get players playing.
Not sure what you mean by this comment, but I know for sure you can buy Batteries for 200 credits each from vendors while on the Klingon side.
To my knowledge the Federation does not have any vendors who sell batteries, at least not in common areas (another beef of mine).

Quote:
3.) FEDS, FEDS and more FEDS - hell why not throw in a weekend away for FED players at Clud Med, seeeing that you've given them just about everything else.
Ya, it sucks. Feds get a lot of stuff, game content wise. I doubt this will change anytime soon. But hey, when playing a Klingon, you should be a strong proud warrior with a thirst for battle. The worse the odds for you, the more glory to be had in victory, and honor in death....at least that what I tell myself :p

Quote:
4.) PVP - Whats the point when you are up against teams where all the players are +8 higher than you. You do not stand a chance in the nature of this MMO (joke!) - the rule of thumb in the game is kill off one player at a time. Why not introduce some special reward for players who repeatedly get singled out. Generally the Klingon cruisers suffer this because everyone else find it suitable to cloak in the middle of battle leaving a cruiser to fend off mutiple attacks. Sure its fun, sure thats how the game rolls, but it is pathetic. Actually forget about it - there's nothing you can do, clearly.
My recommendation here is that if you are playing solo, fly a Bird of Prey. They are far more versatile, and with Engine Batteries in place, you can pop that and Evasive Maneuvers and get the heck outta dodge, hitting the battle cloak on the way out.

As for players who are +8 on you, well, it's not hard to kill most of them with the right setup and strategy.
Prior to the Free Respec Tokens being implemented, it really sucked. Now that you can respec though, I strongly suggest doing so, and optimizing your ship for damage.

One good thing to do is get a Disruptor Dual Beam bank along with Heavy Disruptor Canons and a torpedo launcher up front, then pick up Beam Overload, High Yield, and Rapid Fire. These three things alone will get you among the top DPS.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-17-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
WTF are you up to cryptic or are you clearing not interested in the players? Screw Season Two which I am not holding my breath for, by the way - it's going to be a nerf like the rest of everything you've done up to this point.

So lets recap, because YOU CLEARLY DON'T have a clue.

1.) PVP maps that say 5 vs 5 are not evenly balanced MOST OF THE FU..ing time! Explain 7 v 5? What are you doing about this????????????

People leave and new ones come in so this isnt an issue

2.) So I am meant to fly around in my ship picking up batteries for the rest of my days? I understand that you want to keep people playing longer, but let me see - boredom is not going to get players playing.

Why are you grinding NPCs you should be killing Feds?

I agree with this to some degree. I have tested out some of the new missions for the Klingons on Tribble they are pretty fun. I just think we need more

4.) PVP - Whats the point when you are up against teams where all the players are +8 higher than you. You do not stand a chance in the nature of this MMO (joke!) - the rule of thumb in the game is kill off one player at a time. Why not introduce some special reward for players who repeatedly get singled out. Generally the Klingon cruisers suffer this because everyone else find it suitable to cloak in the middle of battle leaving a cruiser to fend off mutiple attacks. Sure its fun, sure thats how the game rolls, but it is pathetic. Actually forget about it - there's nothing you can do, clearly.

This comes down to tactics primarily. Even in a totally unbalanced match you can do well. Check out this link, I'm not posting it to show my own greatness (I am not that good at pvp), but it is to show that even with the odds stacked heavily in favor of the other team one can do well. http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4141/...be8f9bb9_b.jpg

5.) Rethink PvP - what the is the point of the planets - I have been playing for nearly 4 months and have not once flown to a planet that has pvp? Why? Simple if any of you bothered to take a look - one gets there and finds youself in a empty queue........ Pathetic.
There are ground PVP maps although granted you don't fly to them. I would like to see some sort of conquest added.
I wrote my responses in green to make it easier to address your points.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-17-2010, 05:13 PM
I will say that I'm fairly tired of the "weak" invincible Federation Cruiser and feel that the Klingon faction could use a boost in regards to being a little tougher. We are suppossed to be the Federations oldest foes in space, or so I thought.

Honestly pvp is fairly well balanced except for the que-ing wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Aye the queuing system really really needs work, tis a shambles and always has been.

But the rest of it, I'd suggest the OP gets some anger management