Lt. Commander
# 1 Servers Let down again
07-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Well, i came back this week, was impressed with the improvements in game play especially the exchange, but totally frustrated again today with the servers. From server not responding messages to disconnected from server. I do not have this at all with any other game, inc gameplay today so its clearly an issue with this game.

Cancelled sub once again. Perhaps one day they will run proper servers so we can actually play the game, till then i think ill stick to proper mmorpg's.

Shame as i love trek
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-17-2010, 09:40 AM
must be just your system, settings or your connection.....

I havent seen any server issues for many many months.

.( give a bit more details and maybe we can help you out, we are all geeks here...computers dont scare us.).

Lt. Commander
# 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zisoo View Post
Well, i came back this week, was impressed with the improvements in game play especially the exchange, but totally frustrated again today with the servers. From server not responding messages to disconnected from server. I do not have this at all with any other game, inc gameplay today so its clearly an issue with this game.

Cancelled sub once again. Perhaps one day they will run proper servers so we can actually play the game, till then i think ill stick to proper mmorpg's.

Shame as i love trek
I haven't seen this problem in quite awhile. It may be an internet slow down / interruption between you and STO and since the forums aren't filled with complaints about disconnects; this is much more likely.
Lt. Commander
# 4
Quote:
I do not have this at all with any other game, inc gameplay today so its clearly an issue with this game.
that not technically true. i had a firewall problem that allowed every other online game through but hated star trek.

i can say ive had hardly any server issues, (apart from when it goes down and everybody is affected) but those big crashes are rare.

computers are complex things and only one thing has to be causing an issue for stuff to go wrong. maybe it is thier servers somehow but i really dont think so otherwise everybody would be having similar problems.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-17-2010, 09:41 AM
i have not had this issue for several months now.
you may want to chk router settings or firewall settings.
(i know you said other games dont do it, but it cant hurt to chk)
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-17-2010, 09:46 AM
I don't think he waited for a constructive response....he just quit. No patience.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-17-2010, 09:46 AM
It's all on your side. I never experience issues and the vast majority don't.

How about you get a decent computer and connection rather than blaming their servers?
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Try not to use dial-up with a 56k modem
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:

Shame as i love trek
Wow, I didnt any trouble logging at all, and I started playing again today.

not one problem. has to be his ISP.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruug View Post
I don't think he waited for a constructive response....he just quit. No patience.
It amazes me sometimes that people post just to rant and quit without ever seeing the replies.

And it does seem like he's left...so....nothing more to see here folks.