Lt. Commander
# 11
07-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan420
the fact is since release cryptic has added next to nothing to game content, yet it seems every week the c store is full of new crap,i really hope cbs and or atari realises cryptic is severly damaging there reputation
all cryptic is doing is selling virtual items,they are not creating a game,i realy hope they get fired and replaced
after all a smaller compony was fired and replaced by cryptic in the first place,with star trek id expect a deep
engrosing game with great story based chain missions and plenty of uniqe playable factions each with there own full content and chain missions, cryptic has done nothing to finish this so called unfinished game
feds realy dont hae good missions,and klingons, even after s2 will still have no missions,
pls atari or cbs, read these forums and either yank cryptics chain or fire them and hire ge
Point is its not cbs or atari or infogramz that get the bad rep is cryptic so it might eaven be atari that push the cstore and force cryptic but still its cryptics image...
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-17-2010, 01:26 PM
really? il never play an atari game again without a long free trial period after seeing the ******* they hired for this game,you cant trust a compony that goes bargan basement over customer servace, im sory cryptic certainly has damaged ataris rep with me and prety mutch anyone else whos been playing this game for months waiting for promeses of content and factions that never seem to happen
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
really? il never play an atari game again without a long free trial period after seeing the ******* they hired for this game,you cant trust a compony that goes bargan basement over customer servace, im sory cryptic certainly has damaged ataris rep with me and prety mutch anyone else whos been playing this game for months waiting for promeses of content and factions that never seem to happen
I have to respectfully disagree with you, but it is Atari that I think is dragging Crptic down. Atari has been nothing more than a name for quite a few years now, and everyone that aquires them pimps the name for as much as they can and then moves on, kinda like the aliens in Independence Day. When Perpetual had the license, I thought, "Never heard of them, maybe they're untainted." When they folded and Cryptic got the license, I thought the same thing. Then all of a sudden here comes Atari and Infogrames and my azz tightened up...
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkStone View Post
I have to respectfully disagree with you, but it is Atari that I think is dragging Crptic down. Atari has been nothing more than a name for quite a few years now, and everyone that aquires them pimps the name for as much as they can and then moves on, kinda like the aliens in Independence Day. When Perpetual had the license, I thought, "Never heard of them, maybe they're untainted." When they folded and Cryptic got the license, I thought the same thing. Then all of a sudden here comes Atari and Infogrames and my azz tightened up...
dont forget bill roper as well...
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-17-2010, 01:44 PM
point is that name wont be worth anything if developers like cryptic keep getting hired
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
point is that name wont be worth anything if developers like cryptic keep getting hired
Look at bill roper he gets haunded by players every where he goes some of it deserved but a lot of it well blown a bit out of size but still ppl remember names as well. Especially high profile names like jack emmeret and such eaven some of us remember Needham from soe guess where he is now........ in cryptic...

John Needham Named CEO of Cryptic Studios
The former Sony Online Entertainment executive and industry veteran will lead the independent MMO publisher and developer.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I trust Dstahl, logan, and ranger. but marketing, accounting, and the chief officers I do not trust one bit.
I find it very ironic that you trust the STO executive producer and others lead person in a company but not the ground guys...who do you think has the last word at the end...or gives directives...

At a staff meeting aboard the USS Cryptic

Capt Exec Producer: ok we need to make more doh because blablabla... i m listening to your suggestions

Commander marketing: well we can add more stuff into the C store for big bucks, the player base seems to buy anything we throw at them and the Galaxi X turned out to be a pretty good deal(for us)

Lt Commander accounting: this is a great idea, is there a way to add some more things into the C store without making them from scratch?(it s just cheaper)

Lt Commander design and arts: i think my team can make a couple of ships they really want... it would not be that difficult as they already exist.

Lieutenant programming and stuff: i believe it should not be too long to add slots for more BO/ships and customs. it s already in game.

Commander Marketing: very good Lt, i think we can even sell them per Character and not per account... it makes a lot of sense to me

Capt Exec Producer: excellent, i like all these ideas, yes Ensign community ...do you have something to say....

Ensign Community: i don t think the players are going to like this very much....but i ll do my best to lock negative threads and relocate some of them to some overlooked part of the forums

Capt Exec Producer: Well Gentleman i want a couple of these ships into the C stores at a good price and add slots per characters.... make it so

I would be very surprised if they change ships and BO slots to account wide.... a lot of people already bought them...plus Season two is coming...and beautiful and not very useful(so far) interiors are on Tribble to distract us from the reality.

Oh well... i ve got more than 5000 cryptic points which haven t touched for a very long time...it s not going to happen soon either... i keep them to buy some missions down the road

Venatici

I feel the formal warning coming....not much sense of humour when you are at war to get wealth...
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-17-2010, 02:17 PM
yeah they getting a ton of flack over this issue and its well deserved , take a look at companies like flagship(went under),funcom, soe etc they all got bad reps and it will plauge them for ages funcom is gonna launch a new mmo soon and trust me if they mess up they might aswell change their name ... SoE i doubt can ever make a solid MMO again for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time...
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venatici
I find it very ironic that you trust the STO executive producer and others lead person in a company but not the ground guys...who do you think has the last word at the end...or gives directives...

At a staff meeting aboard the USS Cryptic

Capt Exec Producer: ok we need to make more doh because blablabla... i m listening to your suggestions

Commander marketing: well we can add more stuff into the C store for big bucks, the player base seems to buy anything we throw at them and the Galaxi X turned out to be a pretty good deal(for us)

Lt Commander accounting: this is a great idea, is there a way to add some more things into the C store without making them from scratch?(it s just cheaper)

Lt Commander design and arts: i think my team can make a couple of ships they really want... it would not be that difficult as they already exist.

Lieutenant programming and stuff: i believe it should not be too long to add slots for more BO/ships and customs. it s already in game.

Commander Marketing: very good Lt, i think we can even sell them per Character and not per account... it makes a lot of sense to me

Capt Exec Producer: excellent, i like all these ideas, yes Ensign community ...do you have something to say....

Ensign Community: i don t think the players are going to like this very much....but i ll do my best to lock negative threads and relocate some of them to some overlooked part of the forums

Capt Exec Producer: Well Gentleman i want a couple of these ships into the C stores at a good price and add slots per characters.... make it so

I would be very surprised if they change ships and BO slots to account wide.... a lot of people already bought them...plus Season two is coming...and beautiful and not very useful(so far) interiors are on Tribble to distract us from the reality.

Oh well... i ve got more than 5000 cryptic points which haven t touched for a very long time...it s not going to happen soon either... i keep them to buy some missions down the road

Venatici

I feel the formal warning coming....not much sense of humour when you are at war to get wealth...
LOL! Hilarious hahahaha
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
LOL! Hilarious hahahaha
and prolly really close to the truth...
Closed Thread