Lt. Commander
# 81
07-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Obvious bash-thread is obvious.

Cryptic can be a bit fickle at times, as can all gaming companies, but they are really trying to enhance he game. It's unpolished, it's prone to hate, and yes, it is a bit of a money-sponge, but just give it time or don't go on the C-Store at all. I don't care what you do. But please don't bash the executives, as that is how bans are put in place. It also ruins the game for the rest of us, we mighty few who think this game has some promise.
Lt. Commander
# 82
07-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
Cryptic said both roper and jack both said cstore would only be used for cosmetic items.
This is misquoting someone in order to prove your point Tarjan. I expect better of you. The actual quote states that the C-store will be mostly cosmetic items, and that items which have an in-game effect will be able to be earned in-game, or items in-game will have similar effects.

What we promised is that any item which does have an in-game effect will also have something of equal power available for free, in-game. We have not broken those promises yet, the refits of the Galaxy, Intrepid and Defiant, will be of equal power to the Galaxy X, which is the only item currently on the c-store which offers a major advantage.

Also, to add on to that, many players believe that the Galaxy X is not as powerful as other top of the line ships currently available in-game. So those players are also stating that there is not a balance problem due to items available on the C-Store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
kinda funny how cryptic seems to evade this forum section maybe we should link post like this on game sites forums.... maybe they will get that a lot of us is really upset over this crap.
Quite the opposite actually. I read quite a bit in this forum specifically due to the amount of people that are upset with the C-Store. just because we don't post a reply to every thread doesn't mean we don't read it.

If I responded to every thread I read with "Stormshade was here," as proof that I had read the thread, would that actually contribute anything? The answer is no. So therefore, I remain silent on a great number of the threads I'm reading, and only chime in when I have something worthwhile to add to the conversation. Several members of the development team have similar habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701LivesOn
Obvious bash-thread is obvious.
I agree. Which is why this thread is now closed.
Closed Thread