Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
what's it say about a game when it's the only one played since before it was released. any dev wanna tell me? I've not played anything else since open beta, literally
Im no Dev but it sounds to me like true dedication to this game!
Lt. Commander
The marketing team has been eroding the good will given to and from the dev team since launch. One stupid mistake after another makes angry players out of people who just want to play Star Trek. And it's the dev team who has to put out the fires, the gms who close and move the threads, the threadnaughts full of thousands of complaints, almost all of which was the fault of the marketing department. I'm beginning to think the real push from the players should be the replacement of the head of marketing.

Right now marketing wants me to pay 4400 cp for 2 bridge officer slots for my 11 characters. That is more than $50 for just bridge officer slots. More than $50 more if I want extra ship slots for them. I can buy the whole game at Walmart for $20. No word on the price on the new ships, but I'm not hopeful that they will be less than the $25 that they charged for the Galaxy X. And pay a subscription on top of it too. I just wish I knew if the company was on the verge of collapse and that is the valid reason why they're doing this, or if we're just being gouged.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Don't listen too much
07-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Try to stay true to Gene's vison of Star Trek. Don't listen to the players too much or you will nerf the game beyond belief. You have done great and you rock but stay true to the Star Trek Univers!
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavoratu View Post
Im no Dev but it sounds to me like true dedication to this game!
in the immortal words of Crapgame, "you get a cookie" . thing is, tho, will a dev read it?
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
The marketing team has been eroding the good will given to and from the dev team since launch. One stupid mistake after another makes angry players out of people who just want to play Star Trek. And it's the dev team who has to put out the fires, the gms who close and move the threads, the threadnaughts full of thousands of complaints, almost all of which was the fault of the marketing department. I'm beginning to think the real push from the players should be the replacement of the head of marketing.
Um... er... you're probably describing about 90% of screw-ups in MMOs right there. Most of the bone-headed decisions seems to come down from up high; usually from people who have no true idea of what's actually going on but think they do. Oh well... even with all that, I'm still pleased and continue to be pleased with the direction of the game. Keep up the good work Cryptic; don't let Atari or CBS get you down!
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah I'd have to say you guys don't get the support that you diserve, can't believe all the haters you guys put up with. You guys are doing a fantastic job and keep up the good work!
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Most of us don't hate the devs. The devs are doing a great job on the game, I have seen an exponential improvement since release and with season 2 bringing it up to where it should have been at release (Klingons aside) I can only see things getting better as long as they can keep marketing from screwing up and get some proper advertising going to bring up subscription numbers.

I do have to say that in the past week, I have seen far more people loitering about but I don't know if that is fake because they removed instances to make them seem more full. If that is the case, it was a good move because an occupied house always sells faster and easier.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-17-2010, 05:12 PM
I 190% support the dev's and their efforts.

The c-store beancounter however....
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Honestly STO is the one game I'm VERY happy to have a lifetime sub to. Its great because I just keep track of the c-store and the updates and show up when the best stuff is coming out. I just got my joined trill and I'm working yet another character up to Admiral. I'm so excited for Season 2.0 and the eventual additions to starship insides.

Yay for STO being amazing now I just want some more RP friendly "quality of life" type updates oh boy I'm excited about the direction the devs are going in.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Dev do a great job

Marketing well it is Atari so it will SUCK simple fact give something to Atari and they screw it over. (list of examples was planned, but due the length of it has been cancelled for the poster of this post did not want to spawn full 10 pages of post, of course we apologise for the lack of information supplied.)

Not my fav mmo though by far, but enjoyable enough at times, just wish you could buy of Atari and send them back to hell/mordor/back space whatever is bad and far away)

So Devs keep it going I am certain in a year or so we will have something playable like most mmos need a year or two to become good.