Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafeasonto View Post
I must say you guys are working your a$$'s off. It is very much appreciated. I have a feeling this game will grow into something great. Just by the changes you are making shows how much you appreciate and how much you listen to your players. Not many companies do that, nor do they make changes on players feedback. I know from personal experience its hard to keep up with customer demands. It also is hard when you have a small company like yours.

At this point in the game we know you aren't just after the money. It's a double edged sword as you must make money to survive. At the same time, you must do well to make it. You are definitely earning every penny from me. It's an appreciation as well as a gift from you guys. I never had so much fun, and enjoyed myself playing an MMO game before.

Just looking back on many of the MMO's like EQ, and WOW. It makes me sit back and say, wow. This game isn't about the grinding, or even the equipment. It's about what goes into the work that makes this game so great as a whole. It shows in your efforts as well as your professional and personal attitude on these forums. I have personally never seen a company get so involved with it's customers.

To add more to that, I have never seen a company release such wonderful content updates for free. The 3gb of content you have basically released, other companies would of charged 30.00 for an expansion pack.

You are as a whole a wonderful company, please continue to be that way. As a fan of Star Trek, and this game. You have definitely hit my heart with a phaser beam, in a very special and good way.

For all the haters out there, or people who are impatient. Take them with a grain of salt, or sugar whatever you prefer. You guys are doing a great job, and never forget that.

Thanks,
Vincent Cariello

Nafeasonto

I agree
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
Dev do a great job

Marketing well it is Atari so it will SUCK simple fact give something to Atari and they screw it over. (list of examples was planned, but due the length of it has been cancelled for the poster of this post did not want to spawn full 10 pages of post, of course we apologise for the lack of information supplied.)

Not my fav mmo though by far, but enjoyable enough at times, just wish you could buy of Atari and send them back to hell/mordor/back space whatever is bad and far away)

So Devs keep it going I am certain in a year or so we will have something playable like most mmos need a year or two to become good.
Honestly I don't get it, what's so bad about atari. All they do is publish the game they don't develop it. Honestly their are worse publishers out there *caugh* activision *cough*. At least Atari dosn't sue its developers.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavin_Prime View Post
Honestly I don't get it, what's so bad about atari. All they do is publish the game they don't develop it. Honestly their are worse publishers out there *caugh* activision *cough*. At least Atari dosn't sue its developers.
Because Atari milk cows every games it publishes for a short moment and dumps it like it is garbage.

Because Atari fails at making any form of good promotions for games (I heard a year and a half later for example from a friend that there was an expansion to test drive unlimited never saw a single add for it.)

Really all they do is milk money and don't give a **** about customer support or remotely anything about costumers at all.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-17-2010, 07:22 PM
God, it's bad when I want Jack Tramiel back
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethanatos View Post
God, it's bad when I want Jack Tramiel back
Who?
words for the word god!
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-17-2010, 08:47 PM
I hope dev's read this. That message I wrote was from the heart.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
what's it say about a game when it's the only one played since before it was released. any dev wanna tell me? I've not played anything else since open beta, literally
I'll go out an say as well that I've been here since Open Beta as well. It's been a long while since any game has caught my attention like this and keeps me coming back. I know I made the right choice by pre-ordering the CE and a lifetime subscription because I see this as something that is going to be great in the future.

As with all things new, they'll be a rocky road to cross, but things do get better from there out.

Here's to Cryptic and their awesome work!
Lt. Commander
# 28 Wow the shovel is out
07-18-2010, 01:24 AM
Sure I think the game is better than not having a Star Trek Game. Should the devs be blamed for the c-store, maybe, maybe not.

But if we follow GR original idea for Star Trek, in the future there will be no greed, no money, no wants or needs.

Well if the devs, Cryptic or Atari haven't turned that one inside out and ripped it apart. ALL GREED. CHARGE FOR EVERY SINGLE STAR YOU PASS.

Space the final market to be conquered. These are the continuing voyages of {insert whoever}, whose 5 year mission is to seek out every last dollar from fans and to boldly charge where no one should have to pay........

And Whoosh flies by the credit card machine
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-18-2010, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
I'll go out an say as well that I've been here since Open Beta as well. It's been a long while since any game has caught my attention like this and keeps me coming back.
no game has ever caught my attention like this

i get bored very easily and ive never played any mmo for more than around 2 months

game is not perfect but i like what i see and i like what is to come
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-18-2010, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galway_Tazalan
Sure I think the game is better than not having a Star Trek Game. Should the devs be blamed for the c-store, maybe, maybe not.

But if we follow GR original idea for Star Trek, in the future there will be no greed, no money, no wants or needs.

Well if the devs, Cryptic or Atari haven't turned that one inside out and ripped it apart. ALL GREED. CHARGE FOR EVERY SINGLE STAR YOU PASS.

Space the final market to be conquered. These are the continuing voyages of {insert whoever}, whose 5 year mission is to seek out every last dollar from fans and to boldly charge where no one should have to pay........

And Whoosh flies by the credit card machine
/pet

Apart from a few small examiples of nonsence (see above for example) I totally agree with the sentiments expressed by the OP, and give a thumbs up to everyone working to develope this game further.