Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship Interiors Video
07-17-2010, 02:54 PM
I just put up a Supplemental Video Log on RSA's youtube channel, walking you through my T5 Prometheus Interiors from tribble for those that might wanna see it in action;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9MVyMF7lBk
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavgeek View Post
I just put up a Supplemental Video Log on RSA's youtube channel, walking you through my T5 Prometheus Interiors from tribble for those that might wanna see it in action;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9MVyMF7lBk
good work, that one part where they are all clumped together in the hall had me laughing, though I saw the other video and it had stars from the windows showing, what kind of video card you have?

and why is there a guy in the captains quarters? lol
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Didn't realize there was a problem with the windows, I can see the stars outside on my ship.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-17-2010, 03:19 PM
It may just be a graphical thing for the windows, I generally play at mid level settings for terrain distance, detail etc. But I know others get that too, from the discussions in the Tribble subforum.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-17-2010, 03:19 PM
I do believe that Mav said at the start he had to turn the graphics down a notch. That is probably why.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavgeek View Post
It may just be a graphical thing for the windows, I generally play at mid level settings for terrain distance, detail etc. But I know others get that too, from the discussions in the Tribble subforum.
ahh ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellanoid View Post
I do believe that Mav said at the start he had to turn the graphics down a notch. That is probably why.
ok, I have crappy small speakers so I didnt catch EVERY word in the beginning lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I see black/gray fog out the windows
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Nice vid. Thanks for sharing that with us.
It looks like some more work is needed, as mentioned in the video, with NPC pathing, object scaling, etc., but it looks pretty good, overall.
Perhaps it should be mentioned that the reason we have 20ft high ceilings in the ship interiors is to allow a camera view for the over-the-shoulder perspective. Yeah, I agree, it's annoying (I would have prefered a first-person viewpoint and a claustrophobic interior), but necessary.

Thanks, again, for creating the video. Good job!
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratus6 View Post
Nice vid. Thanks for sharing that with us.
It looks like some more work is needed, as mentioned in the video, with NPC pathing, object scaling, etc., but it looks pretty good, overall.
Perhaps it should be mentioned that the reason we have 20ft high ceilings in the ship interiors is to allow a camera view for the over-the-shoulder perspective. Yeah, I agree, it's annoying (I would have prefered a first-person viewpoint and a claustrophobic interior), but necessary.

Thanks, again, for creating the video. Good job!
I second that. Thx for sharing the vid with us!

And i would prefer a first-person view like in Elite Force with a small interior too. Maybe its to late for that, but i guess we can still dream and tell our thoughts about this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavoratu View Post
good work, that one part where they are all clumped together in the hall had me laughing...

and why is there a guy in the captains quarters? lol
I laughed very hard at the moment i saw the guy in the Captains Quarters. But if you think about it... he wears yellow, and stands in front of the Captains Replicator. Maybe he is an engineer fixing it. Janeway had some hard times back in the Delta Quadrant with her Replicator.

All in all it looks like in a Beta stage, but ok it is still on Tribble so its not ready. Cant wait to see it myself when it goes live, and try out the interior variants + the scaling.

PS: I really like the sliding doors! If we get warp star streaks too, i am in Trekkie heaven!
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard83 View Post
I laughed very hard at the moment i saw the guy in the Captains Quarters. But if you think about it... he wears yellow, and stands in front of the Captains Replicator. Maybe he is an engineer fixing it. Janeway had some hard times back in the Delta Quadrant with her Replicator.
Good point