Lt. Commander
# 1 Aenigma Nebula any update
07-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Aenigma Nebula

I don't think I saw any update for in season 2 . it was a good idea to have a place for the life timer but ther is nothing exclusif there?

I mean no special item to buy there, no special power we can train for or for our BO. I mean it should have something right beside the good look of it.

all life timer give some idea here please
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-17-2010, 05:43 PM
For me, the problem with Aenigma is that you have to enter Sol to get there. In the Captain's Table books, Captains did not need to travel back to Sol in order to enter the Captain's Table.

I'd propose that seeing as how all the transwarp powers are being added, that one more is given. Whoever has access to the Captain's Table, should be given the "VIP Pass" token, as mentioned by the concierge, as an item that would allow transwarp to the Aenigma Nebula from Sector Space and a return back to the transwarping location after their sojurn had concluded.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2data View Post
For me, the problem with Aenigma is that you have to enter Sol to get there. In the Captain's Table books, Captains did not need to travel back to Sol in order to enter the Captain's Table.

I'd propose that seeing as how all the transwarp powers are being added, that one more is given. Whoever has access to the Captain's Table, should be given the "VIP Pass" token, as mentioned by the concierge, as an item that would allow transwarp to the Aenigma Nebula from Sector Space and a return back to the transwarping location after their sojurn had concluded.
That would be perfect, they could add it as a menu option instead of filling up the toolbar with transwarp buttons after the FDC is released.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-17-2010, 05:48 PM
If I could just 'pop' there from anywhere,, I'd probably use it more often,, but since I have to go to Sol anyway, and it'd just be 2 more load screens, may as well just pop into Sol station.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwane View Post
Aenigma Nebula

I don't think I saw any update for in season 2 . it was a good idea to have a place for the life timer but ther is nothing exclusif there?

I mean no special item to buy there, no special power we can train for or for our BO. I mean it should have something right beside the good look of it.

all life timer give some idea here please
Touching on the special items to buy, perhaps they could implement something based on accolades.

In the books, the drinks are paid for with stories, so perhaps there could be something there that can only be redeemed if you have a specific number of accolades or a specific set of accolades. This wouldn't be as limited as a lifetime bonus as people who've been in game for 400 days will have access to the Captain's Table.

It might drive clientel to the Table as well, should it be given easy access and special items.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2data View Post
In the books, the drinks are paid for with stories, so perhaps there could be something there that can only be redeemed if you have a specific number of accolades or a specific set of accolades. This wouldn't be as limited as a lifetime bonus as people who've been in game for 400 days will have access to the Captain's Table.
Now that's a really good idea, even if the rewards are superficial - like new costume pieces.

Most folk getting to 400 days would (or should) have most of the required accolades anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-17-2010, 11:59 PM
on Top of what R2Data said about transwarping there

for me they need to be something special because it is a special place. maybe unique item that you can only buy there like we do with the Omega fleet in gamma or buy things half price there or something worth traveling there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-18-2010, 12:38 AM
I approve of some added functionality being added to the Aenigma nebula to actually make it a place that I want to visit.

Because... well, presently I don't give a damn about the place. I'm amazed Cryptic even created it and extended it to Lifetimers as a priviledge. It's not. It actually only provided me with 15 to 20 minutes of entertainment as I looked around and I never came back.

There has to be a way Cryptic can work on it to make the time/cash investment they made creating the place be more worth it. Otherwise, they might as well remove the Aenigma nebula interaction point in Sol - all it is presently is pretty much an eyesore.

No offense, meant. I'm opinionated, but I don't mean to be insulting about it. I'm just being bluntly honest.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-18-2010, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
I approve of some added functionality being added to the Aenigma nebula to actually make it a place that I want to visit.

Because... well, presently I don't give a damn about the place. I'm amazed Cryptic even created it and extended it to Lifetimers as a priviledge. It's not. It actually only provided me with 15 to 20 minutes of entertainment as I looked around and I never came back.

There has to be a way Cryptic can work on it to make the time/cash investment they made creating the place be more worth it. Otherwise, they might as well remove the Aenigma nebula interaction point in Sol - all it is presently is pretty much an eyesore.

No offense, meant. I'm opinionated, but I don't mean to be insulting about it. I'm just being bluntly honest.
If they do make it worth using I am sure it will be after the 400 day vet rewards come out.

Otherwise the non-lifers would pitch a big fit about being left out like they did when it was introduced in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post

I agree with you it's even that thing that made up my mind to go life timer but I was a bit disappointed when i saw there was nothing there except you get nice title and a badge!