Lt. Commander
# 1 Gear Abilities idea Post
07-17-2010, 06:51 PM
I was thinking of stuff while responding to someone elses post about ways to make gear better when its really rare or like a boss drop.

For example, I would like to see weapons that have variety, llike may a high density phaser beam array that has an extra ability like a repel like ground based high desity beams.

Or shields that have the ability once in a while to proc its own short feedback pulse.

Maybe engines that once in a while proc a 10% speed increase and turn rate.

General stuff that is already in game.

How about a very rare deflector that has an ability every 15 minutes or so to be able to form a tykens rift, not like a random proc but an ability actually tied to it.

^^^ all the above are just some examples that rolled off my brain, that would make the game more interesting.

P.S.

Wasn't there a rumor of Lengendary STO gear, is it actually in game or just rumors. And if rumors, will it ever be in game?

If so this could be the extra stat that makes the gear legendary quality, but I would hate to see the gear so rare that only like 1 or 2 people get it, or just fleets that do STF's back to back every day.

I would hate it because a majority of players would never see it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Nobody else has any ideas to post. How Disheartening.