Lt. Commander
# 1 Impressive
07-17-2010, 09:37 PM
I had been following STO for a little bit before it released. I kinda faltered when I read it was highly instanced. I kinda grew up with no or low instanced games ... UO, EQ, SWG. So when reading that any place to get XP was instanced was a real turn off. Being my only experience with instanced gameplay would be with Guild Wars I couldnt bring myself to turn away from a strong themed space game.

All I gotta say is ... Glad I gave it a try. The game is overall good and heading in the right direction in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-17-2010, 10:00 PM
First, welcome to STO! It is starting to shape up to be a great game, especially with the stuff coming in Season 2.0. I've been playing it since Closed Beta (Red Squad, Best Squad! lol), and I knew it wasn't really ready for launch but had potential. I'm really waiting on the UGCE now, heh.

Really, though, I just wanted to say awesome signature! That's (one of) my favorite TNG episode, mainly because I'm a big Barclay fan. In fact, I think I'll go watch that episode again, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-17-2010, 10:16 PM
A lot of people hear about the amount of instancing and freak.
I used to be that way as well (and STO could use more open areas)...yet both MMO type games that I have played with this system have been fun (also played Guild Wars).

I'm almost tempted enough to try out Champions online, never played a superhero MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-17-2010, 10:36 PM
I want to try DC Online... I like strongly themed games, mainly because of the story already being known to me ... I'm inpatient so I pick up on very little of the story in most games (happy clicking finger) So knowing the background helps with the appeal.

I love the that quote too. I remember the first time I heard it ... sometimes at work I have a episode of something going on in the background and will listen to it while "working" hah. I'm a strong linguistic buff and not ashamed to say I had to stop what I was doing and listen to that bit again. =D

-Fractal
Just noticed your avatar and location. The funny thing was when I read it along with the picture still in mind, it sounded exactly how he said it .... funny
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Heh, thanks!

"Leave them one case. For the coors."