Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Please give us objective scanning. Because it's annoying to waste time looking for objectives at times during exploration missions.

Especially when objects are hidden inside the terrain and you don't know it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-18-2010, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Please give us objective scanning. Because it's annoying to waste time looking for objectives at times during exploration missions.

Especially when objects are hidden inside the terrain and you don't know it.
::ips his bat'leth in the strange red ink and signs .... I agree.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-18-2010, 07:25 PM
The excu.... er, the reason, they've given for us not having scanning is that all our exploration "objects" aren't scanables, as we are infact blowing them up.

The simple fix is to make it so we "plant charges" which is an "interaction" used in a few fed missions.

Interactable objects can be scanned by the tricorder.

That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Yes plz PLZ <2 bad devs dont give a **** about klings and wont read this> I have dropped soo many missions just cause I couldnt find the damn object, now eveyrtime i see one of those I drop it right away ...WHY? Cuz I dont have a scanner on my tricorder.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-18-2010, 08:55 PM
I think the sadder thing is that this was a problem exposed during Closed Beta for Federation exploration missions. People either dropping the missions, or spending an hour+ running around trying to find all the items was the reason the tricorder was added.

This is no different.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpendableCrewman View Post
Yes plz PLZ <2 bad devs dont give a **** about klings and wont read this> I have dropped soo many missions just cause I couldnt find the damn object, now eveyrtime i see one of those I drop it right away ...WHY? Cuz I dont have a scanner on my tricorder.
I tend to agree, Klingon content is more of an after thought at times. Because before 1.2 , when the Klingon population was active, it was troublesome to find an instance in Azlesa, which could've been fixed like B'Tran with multiple instances. But they only made 1 zone for Azlesa.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-19-2010, 04:28 AM
A few days ago, i had to find some borg devices on a planet during an mission. I was wandering around the planet for about half an hour, trying to find the greenish devices, while my sight was mostly blended by green fog or something. And of course, i could not use the tricorder. And i always thought this is a bug...
Long story short, it was not fun, it was really damn annoying. Sorry for the harsh words Cryptic
During this mission i cheered myself up, by thinking "Ha, my Klingon is just too stupid to use a Starfleet Tricorder, heh..."
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-21-2010, 06:00 PM
This is great feedback guys, thanks for posting it.

I've passed it along to the dev team.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade

Thanks,

Stormshade
Stormshade ... I have just one thing to say as way of thanks to you for doing such ....

QAPLA' !!!
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade

Thanks,

Stormshade
Are you kidding, this has been known for months - the so called person who coded it - did not think to add destructible items - hence why we can't scan. Seriously, what are you guys doing at Cryptic?